16

Dahyun blinked her eyes repeatedly, dazzled by the sunlight slipping along the slightly open slides of her window. Her head felt lighter. Though her nose was still kinda stuffy, she felt a little bit better now.

Gathering her conciousness, she languidly grabbed her eye glasses that was resting by the lampstand and quickly checked the time. She expected that it was already morning and she had slept straight for 24 hours or so -- strangely, she merely rested for a few hours and it was only afternoon.

She turned her head to the bedside table only to find a tray with a tablet of medicine, a glass of water and a cup of light brown liquid which she guessed was tea.

"Drink immediately once you wake up." Said the sticky note that was sticked to the glass with a cute little arrow pointing to the medicine and tea. It was handwritten, but she couldn't recognize whom the handwriting belonged to. And she clearly remembered that she slept at the living room earlier.

Dahyun got up. Ignoring the medicine and the note, -- which she thought was the doing of her manager -- she proceeded to the living room. With her hoarse voice, she called Yeontan. She panicked a bit after roaming around the house and still not finding him anywhere.

Dahyun came back to the living room and as if on cue, her front door opened, revealing her neighbor whom she hadn't seen for weeks.

"Yah! Why are you roaming around when you have a fever?" He almost immediately scolded her as he reached out his hand to press a palm over her forehead. Dahyun flinched as his cold palm came in contact with her forehead.

"And I thought Yeontan was lost. I was about to throw hands to whoever kidnapped him." Dahyun sighed in relief, removing his palm over her burning forehead. "Why didn't you tell me that you've arrived? You should've woken me up. Welcome back, Tae."

"You were burning hot, stupid. You slept in the living room with the heater on and a lot of crumpled tissue papers all over you."

"I don't remember turning on the heater, though? Yeontan must've tampered with it. And about the messy tissue papers, it's because I have a cold," she explained with a low and hoarse voice.

"Your temperature's not as hot as earlier, but still hot. Did you drink the medicine? And that honey tea?" He asked.

"Not yet."

"Didn't you read my note?"

"Oh, yes. You have a good handwriting."

"Kim Dahyun," Taehyung called in a deep and serious voice for the girl apperently wasn't taking the situation seriously.

"Okay, okay, I'll drink it now. Don't make that face, it's scary," she turned to her heels and proceeded to her room, but he held her back.

"I made you potato pancakes. Eat first before you take your medicine. I know you haven't eaten lunch yet."

Dahyun briefly closed her eyes as she inhaled the aroma of honey lemon tea from the cup she held. The tinge scent of mint soothed her stuffy nose and entirely calmed her nerves. Its warmth creeping down to her throat as she sipped it cooled her, just like Taehyung said. He told her that honey lemon tea could relieve sore throat and she's deliberately agreeing to his words just right now. Taehyung had brewed one again since the previous one had gotten cold because of the air condition on Dahyun's room.

"Where are your members? Your manager?" Taehyung inquired wiping his wet hands with the kitchen towel as he turned around to face Dahyun who was sitting on a stool.

"Attending a Pocari Sweat event. I'm sitting out because of this," she replied, slowly eating the potato pancakes in front of her.

"And they allowed you stay here alone?"