19

Taehyung lightly shook the cup of hot chocolate he held on his hand, causing ripples to gradually form on the surface of the liquid that had now gone warm. Sinking himself down the couch's soft cushion with legs crossed, he was listening in silence to the conversation of the two other people who sat across him -- Dahyun and their supposedly new neighbor, Cha Eunwoo.

From what Taehyung heard, Eunwoo moved in just yesterday. He bought the unit across Dahyun's for him to stay in whilst shooting for a new historical drama, Rookie Historian Goo Hae-ryung. Given that the condominuium was relatively near from the drama's filming location, having to sojourn there during the filming period granted Eunwoo utmost convenience and ease; he didn't have to go to and fro ASTRO's dorms that were miles farther away.

Everybody knew Taehyung was affable and it was not a problem for him to engage in conversations whether it may be with strangers or his peers, except this time was completely different. He wasn't sure if it was because of his exhaustion from their flight the hour prior that made him too lazy to speak. Or maybe he just didn't like the sight in front of him.

For some reason he didn't like how Dahyun's attention was always at Eunwoo -- he didn't like it way more than he ever wanted to admit. It was as if the girl suddenly forgot about his existence; he felt neglected. He just arrived from overseas, won't she ask how he's doing? Won't she ask him to show her the photographs of beautiful sceneries he took in Belgium? Did she forgot about the souveneir she requested? Does she not care about him anymore?

The last question sounded a wee too dramatic.

Maybe Taehyung just wasn't used to seeing Dahyun with another male in her unit aside from himself. And the irritation he was feeling ever since he stepped into this room was because he also considers Dahyun like a little sister and he's on 'protective brother' mode when she's with other guys. Or at least that's what he wanted himself to think.

Taehyung never failed to notice how Dahyun listens attentively to Eunwoo's stories and experiences of being an actor with a grin plastered on her lips, eyes sparkling in fascination. Taehyung wished that he could share some interesting anecdotes too, but only being a supporting character in one historical drama, Taehyung knew he wouldn't be any better than Eunwoo. The younger male, on the other hand, had acted different roles in dramas in a wide variety of themes; more involvement and more experience. Taehyung didn't even know since when did Dahyun become so interested in the film industry.

Dahyun would occasionally ask Taehyung a few questions so he would not feel left out, but the older would either nod or sparingly say a few words and then go mum again. Taehyung's unusual behaviour certainly didn't go unnoticed but Dahyun just brushed it off, thinking he might be tired from the flight and thus acting that way.

"Now we finally have a new neighbor after all these months. Isn't it great, Tae?" Dahyun asked cheerfully.

"Yeah." Taehyung smiled thinly, nodding, though a part of him didn't really like the idea. He was satisfied of him and Dahyun as the only residents of the floor. It had always been him and Dahyun and he wasn't ready to welcome another one. Rather, he didn't want to welcome any other one at all.

• • •

Dahyun had told Taehyung how she and Eunwoo had been acquainted for the first time through an MBC show where they acted together in a drama skit. Taehyung didn't even know that such show existed and he only got to search about it on YouTube now. He was unaware how his face was frowning the whole time he watched the video clips of their mini drama. Dahyun was all smiley and giggly, shaking Eunwoo's hand when they introduced themselves to each other. Dahyun never even looked at him that way.