22

A shocking news was what greeted the girls as they awoke to get ready for the flight to Seoul that morning. Along the headlines of the news released by the infamous media outlet, Dispatch, Jihyo's name was perched up above with the former Wanna One member and currently the young CEO of Konnect Entertainment, Kang Daniel.

The girls, along with the guidance of their managers, walked briskly through the terminal of Haneda Airport in Tokyo, Japan.

Sana held Jihyo's hand, her grip getting tighter as they broke through the formidable heavy crowd of people, reporters, and journalists; like vultures surrounding prey. And in this case, Jihyo was the prey. The sounds of shutters and flashing lights from cameras were relentless. And although there were security personnel surrounding the girls, reporters hustled and would press on questions about Jihyo's alleged relationship.

Since the girls were still in their hotel rooms when the news broke out, their agency decided to rebook their flight to Seoul. A statement was demanded as soon as possible so Jihyo had to talk to the boss on the phone and discuss about the statement they would want to release.

Jihyo knew better than deny her relationship with Daniel. She confronted it, regardless of the consequences that would follow. The heavy criticism from the general public had been flooding, considering how she's the first TWICE member to have dated ever since their dating ban got lifted and especially in a dire midst of Mina's hiatus.

Somehow it has become an unwritten rule in k-pop that idols must give up on having a love life if they want to be successful. But then again, one just can't restrain the heart from catching feelings and that's what brought Jihyo to a rough patch right now.

They were already in the plane heading to Seoul when Jihyo got to breathe freely, eyes closed and head leaning back against the seat.

Dahyun, who just returned from the comfort room, held her leader's hand as she passed by her seat. Jihyo's eyes fluttered open in surprise. Dahyun didn't say anything, she just squeezed the former's hand a little more tightly, that simple gesture was an assurance that they were there for her no matter what will happen. Whatever the public reaction may be, one thing they could assure her of, Jihyo was not alone.

• • •

Even though the girls just returned from Japan, they had a full-week's list of schedules awaiting for them. Because time waits for no one, they worked despite the fresh announcement of Jihyo's dating news. They had a photo shoot for this year's Season's Greetings. On top of that, they had started on practicing their performances for the upcoming year-end award shows.

Dahyun extended her thanks to the driver and bid goodbye to her manager as she stepped out of the company van, since she was the last one to be dropped off.

"Are you sure you don't need me to accompany you?" The manager asked.

"Hmm, I'm fine," Dahyun assured with a faint smile.

"The last time you said that, you got very sick and was on the verge of passing out if Taehyung-ssi just hadn't been there." The manager argued.

"Well, I'm not sick this time. Besides, you have to go now, it's getting very late." Dahyun tightened her coat around her torso, shooing her manager away. "It'd be impossible to have saesangs roaming around at this time of the night, if that's what you're concerned about, unnie."

Saesang attacks were getting a bit frequent lately since the announcement of Jihyo's dating news. TWICE's safety was the manager's top priority so as much as possible, she wanted to accompany them wherever they go. And that meant ushering them even all the way to the doorstep of their homes, regardless the circumstances and the girls' refusal.