Cover Request 14

Cover request for Jazmin_Kom_Skaikru!! I spent a really long time agonizing over this one because I haven't made a cover in a while, but now I'm super proud of it, and I did realize how fun making covers is all over again. 

Well, here's your cover! I hope you like it!! :D

Usually, with covers, you want to portray the setting of the overall work. The setting here is an Apocolypse AU, and I wanted to portray that with something broken and abandoned, and I think the photo fits it really well. 

I actually played around a little bit with other themes for the cover, such as the 'white-coats' shown in your book, white walls that portrayed the cages that Fundy and Niki and such were trapped in, and even a few prison photos, but none worked as well as this one. 

The heartbeat I put in there since I wanted to make some allusion to the lab/experimentation, but I didn't want it to be a whole thing. I felt a heartbeat would make up for that-- and I really like how it works with the rest of the design. 

The font I used for the title looks like it was scratched onto a chalkboard, and I enjoy the way it works with the whole apocalypse theme that the cover has. I also had to edit the photo itself a little bit, since it was full of colour and brightness, and I wanted a more sepia-tone/greyscale type of look. 

Oh, and the title! At first, I edited the title down a little bit, but I felt really bad about doing that, so I experimented with different designs to see how it all would fit. I like the end result, but I do have another title that I also like. You can choose whichever one you like, I enjoy both of the designs, but I still want to show you the other one :]

It's The End Of The World (As We Know It)

This one slightly implies that the world hasn't really ended-- just the world that we know. That the world is changing. It's a slight hint towards the hybrid AU, and it only changes the title slightly. I really like it, but the original title is awesome as well. 

Do you like it? I'm really proud of the end result, but if you'd like me to, I can redo the design and do it over! Still, I hope you like the cover! :3