Happy Pride!

"Happy Pride!" I say, opening the glossy wooden cabinet and pulling out a bottle of rainbow glitter. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, rummaging through my closet to find that one black shirt with a rainbow printed on it. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, pulling my short-cropped curly hair into a ponytail and sprinkling glitter into the dark locks. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, applying eyeshadow, one streak at a time: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, stepping outside of the car to greet my friends who are dressed in rainbow attire, proud and happy.

"Happy Pride!" I say, laughing with my best friend since preschool as we eat free cake on the steps of a welcoming church. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, looking at the various rainbow bracelets, trying to decide which one would be prettiest to add to my collection. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, sticking my tongue out at the homophobes who march with signs, the poor things will never know how happy I am. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, hugging my boyfriend as we happily walk the streets near the library, where Pride is held each year in my small town. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, trying to tell people that pansexual doesn't mean bisexual in the slightest, or that yes asexuals are a thing and I am perfectly valid. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, waving to the trans woman who is walking down the street in a beautiful red dress, her hair pulled into a ponytail and streaked with yellow. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, rereading one of my absolute favorite books in the library, where everyone is so amazingly accepting and I can take a break from the too-crowded streets. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, aww-ing at the adorable LGBT or allied couples traversing the streets, not afraid to show their love here since it is Pride and everyone is accepted this month. 

"Happy Pride!" I say, turning to you and giving you the biggest hug of all time, you absolutely deserve it, you always do, you amazingly wonderful person! I'm so glad to call you my friend!

"Happy Pride!" I say, throwing rainbows into the sky. 

In case you didn't get the message, Happy Pride!! I couldn't post this the first day, as it wasn't finished. I hope you like it! Pride may be canceled, but we will march on!!