Guns And Kisses

Ship: Soukoku(Chuuya x Dazai)

See if you can guess the prompt hehehe~

Chuuya was crouched behind a wall, his gun gripped tightly in his hands. Sweat dripped off of his pale face, landing without a sound on the rock floor. Shattered pieces of windows lay around him, sharp and pointed. 

He was on the second floor of a house, but one that was half-gone, one part of it reduced to stray pieces of rubble and splinters. The other was more sturdy, but so precariously unstable he knew he would need to find another hiding spot and soon. 

The wall was almost crumbling, broken wood and rock scattering around on the floor. Silence stretched out like a weapon, thick and threatening. Chuuya willed his arms and legs not to shake, to remain still. 

His shoulder-length hair was tied back in a messy bun, his clothes a jacket that didn't quite fit, a pair of jeans, and cherry-red sneakers. He brushed a stray ginger lock from his face and took a deep, calming breath. 

He would make it through this, he told himself. He had made it through worse things than this. 

Footsteps sounded throughout the house, loud and echoing. The sound of a gun cocking. He was here, he was here and Chuuya needed to leave or risk dying.  

"Damn it," Chuuya hissed, eyes darting around for somewhere to hide, somewhere to run. He wasn't injured, so he could easily slip out of a window. There was one above the bed where he was crouched, large enough for someone of Chuuya's size to enter. 

But none of the ones here opened, and he didn't want to run the risk of being heard. The sound that came from smashing a window would result in death. 

He held his gun close, padding along the rock floor. Carefully and quickly, he reminded himself. Silent and swift. 

A closet came into view, the clothes tattered and ripped. A chest sat on the floor, small scratches littering across the surface. Chuuya thanked the gods for this stroke of good luck and crept towards it, slipping inside and shutting the door. 

It was quiet in this closet, and the clothes smelled like they hadn't been washed in days. Feeling his way to the chest, he could find small rips and tears in the clothing. These wouldn't be able to be worn ever again. 

The footsteps grew louder, and Chuuya held his breath, his limbs completely still. Gun cocked. Eyes narrowed. 

He would be ready. 

A loud sigh came from outside the door, making Chuuya shiver. 

"Chuuya Nakahara, I know you're there~" a voice sang teasingly. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

Chuuya cursed inside his head, wanting to run, but feeling cornered like a rabbit in a trap. Like a sheep surrounded by wolves. But he couldn't move, couldn't breathe. He had to stay still and quiet. 

Heavy footsteps approached the door. 

Chuuya readied his gun. 

But before he could even pull the trigger, the door flew open and a pair of arms shoved him not quite gently into the closet wall. 

Hissing out of pure surprise, Chuuya tried to push the other off of him, but he had a firm grip and was not about to let go. 

"Get off of me, Dazai, you piece of shit," he growled. "Fuck off!"

Dazai pouted. "Aw, shortie is being so mean. Why do you do this to me every time we meet?"

Chuuya snorted, still trying to struggle out of the hold. "Because we're enemies, now more than ever. We're trying to shoot each other, in case you forgot. And because I hate you!"

"You really should work on those anger issues of yours," Dazai huffed. "It's getting out of hand. You can't afford to lose your cool in the midst of battle, like here."

"What do you know, you waste of bandages? We're enemies, I'm trying to shoot you!" He struggled to release his gun, but a firm press on the trigger made him realize Dazai had turned the safety on. 

When had he gotten the chance?!

"Ah, yes, about the whole shooting thing." Dazai winked and smirked, leaning closer. 

Before Chuuya could wrench an arm free to turn the safety off again, he felt a pair of lips close around his own. 

Chuuya let out a muffled yelp, all of his attention going to the heat he was feeling in his face. Dazai smiled through the kiss, moving his hands to cup the shorter one's face. 

Dazai drew back, grinning smugly. Chuuya stumbled back, shoving Dazai away. "And now," the brunette purred, "You've dropped your gun."

He aimed his own and fired. It was so quick Chuuya couldn't react, raising a hand to try and block it too late. 

It hit the mark, striking Chuuya right in the center of his chest.

Chuuya fell to his knees, growling with anger. "You... I hate you, you know that?"

"Oh, I do," Dazai murmured, leaning in close to whisper in Chuuya's ear. "But that doesn't matter now. Do you know what matters, chibi?"

Chuuya rolled his eyes, glaring at Dazai for the nickname. "What matters?" he asked, arms crossed. Dazai leaned back, sitting on the chest like he owned the world. 

"What matters is that I won at laser tag. Again. And you failed! Again!"

The door to the laser tag arena opened, letting in light. Atsushi stepped inside, looking around for Dazai. "It's... it's over, Dazai-San. Who won?" 

Both of the men looked up. They were hidden behind a wall, so Atsushi couldn't see them, but they could hear each other. 

Dazai laughed. "I won--"

Chuuya swatted the other. "You cheated! You... you ki--"

Dazai put a finger on Chuuya's lips, chuckling. "Now, now, Atsushi-Kun is here. You wouldn't like him to find out, now would you~"

"Fuck off, bastard."

"Just one more before you leave?" Dazai asked, placing a hand over his heart. 

That earned him a slap. "In your dreams, you suicidal maniac." Chuuya flipped his hair behind his shoulder and stalked off, throwing the laser gun harshly at Dazai's head. The brunette caught it easily, still laughing. 

Dazai stood up, brushing dust off of his pant legs. 

"Well, that was fun."

Prompt: Person A goes laser tagging with Person B. Person B pushes them into a corner and kisses them, making Person A flustered. While A is blushing, B shoots them in the chest and walks away. 

Well, hope you all enjoyed! 

:D :D

Also, did you really think it would be angst? Please. I try to keep that for Orange Tea.