Hunter :D

Soooo I know it's been a while!! and I know most of you would prefer seeing a oneshot here instead of more of my art!!! BUT I'm also really proud of this art because it's done in a particular style that I've just started enjoying!!!!!

Aka I've been enjoying shading a lot. and by a lot I mean a LOT. 

So, DragonWriter77, here is the finished piece!! I'm so proud of it and I really hope you like it as much as I do ^^

It was all done on Autodesk Sketchbook, as usual

It was all done on Autodesk Sketchbook, as usual. My little heart signature is right there in the corner. 

It's a bit scratchy and rough around the edges, but I've started enjoying doing rougher work on purpose. It's so much fun just to experiment with styles and pin down a character's expression, I can't be bothered to redo lineart FIFTEEN TIMES just to get it to be SMOOTH. 

I understand that the lightbulb isn't a perfect circle. This is something that I, too, pondered and agonised over. But I promise I worked my very hardest to try and remedy that, although it . . . didn't really . . . work. 

Hunter kind of just seems like the type of person who would settle down with a book and read for ages, and then sit up and suddenly explode in excitement about all the different characters and the plot and everything else, y'know?? So I thought, why don't I draw him sitting somewhere and reading a book?

aaand then I discovered that lightbulbs were kind of fun to draw

and then,, well,,, yellow's my favourite colour and I've been experimenting with shading,,,

if you look CLOSELY (because I shaded all of the shadows too light and didn't realise until I was finished, oops), everything is shaded!! Just a . . . darker shade of yellow! 

Yellow, as I said before, is my favourite colour, and a lot of people don't really like it that much as a colour. I don't understand it, but they say it can be garish or sickly. 

I don't really agree that much, so I decided to use a softer shade of yellow to demonstrate how yellow can bring a kind of soft, warm feel to a picture. Like yellow tulips, or a sun. 

A small detail I added in-- I didn't just add the witches hat, nonono-- is that there is a small snake curled up on the hat. I don't know how to draw snakes. This is the best I can do ok--

OKAY that was a lot to say about this single piece of art, which is mostly because I worked really hard on it and I hope you really like it. But yeah! Yellow! Lightbulb! S n e k : 3 

Finally, a note for the author of the Changeling Witch: your work is amazing. Your writing, your characterization, the characters themselves. They work well together, the worlds are revealed really smoothly, I honestly admire and aspire to be able to write fantasy like that. You are someone to be looked up to. 

That's all! Check out the book, ya'll, okay? Love you guys!! ^^