Fractures

(A/N: This is my first music one-shot and this is hard!! I spent like half an hour trying to find a suitable song T^T but anyway I ended up choosing this one. I'm really sorry it's a female vocal but I tried please don't hate at all) 

Janus fiddled nervously with the edges of his gloves, thinking about what would happen that night. 

He and his band-- Gold Serpent-- were going on stage and performing with another, much more popular band, called the Crowned Spirits. 

Everyone in his band had known the Crowned Spirits for a while, as they had all gone to high school together. They had laughed together, played together. But after becoming bands, they had all fallen out of touch. 

But then around three months ago, Virgil had gotten a call from the lead singer, Roman, who wanted to do a concert together. 

Skip a couple of weeks, and they had first met up and discussed what kind of song they wanted to play. 

---

The eight were crowded around a circular table, talking and chatting over warm plates of diner food. People were around, trying to take photos. After several years of this, Janus had gotten used to it, and he supposed the others had too as they didn't seem to mind.

He pushed his spoon around and looked up at the other band. "So, what about a bass-heavy song with minimal lyrics?" he asked, wanting to test the waters a bit. 

Roman shook his head. "No, I don't think that would work. Maybe a nostalgic one?" he tried, tilting his head and taking a sip of his soda. 

"Hmm," Remy mused, leaning back in his chair. He, along with Virgil and Remus, was part of Janus's band. Well, it was mostly Virgil's band, but they worked together as a team. He sighed and pushed his bangs out of his face. "Why don't we do the nostalgia thing, that might be cool, and how about..." he paused, then continued. "How about just a chorus for the lyrics, nothing too hard."

Remus rolled his eyes and punched Remy in the shoulder lightly. "You just don't want to work," he scolded the other. "You're our scriptwriter, get it together."

Remy groaned. "Fiiiine, whatever, if that'll make you be quiet..."

The other continued to talk about what kind of song they wanted, finally choosing a song about past memories. Patton, when asked what he wanted to do in the song, thought about it for a while before deciding. "I can play the background melody with my piano," he offered.

"Okay, and what will everyone else..." Janus trailed off, looking at them expectantly. 

Roman went first. "I'll do vocals," he declared. "Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?"

Logan rolled his eyes. "Sure, sure. I can do strings, along with anyone else who would enjoy doing a duet with strings."

"I play the guitar," Remy supplied. "I can do it if that one wears a skirt." He pointed at Emile, who blinked and hurriedly turned a bright shade of pink. 

Janus sighed. "No flirting with the other band members, Remy," he scolded the blonde guitarist. "Both of our bands go on tours, remember?"

Remy raised his hands defensively. "I'm just shooting my shot," he replied. "But whatevs, I'll play it anyway if ya'll want."

Virgil hummed tunelessly. "You play the clarinet, right?" he asked Emile, who nodded. "Alright, we'll do the woodwinds together," he murmured. "Sound good?" He looked at Janus, who nodded.