Moonstone And Sapphire

Soulmate AU: Chess piece(I made this up it's original I'm so excited feel free to use it just pls credit me)

Everyone has a gemstone chess piece that glows brightly when they're around their soulmate, glowing the color of their soulmate's eyes. Well, it's always the color of their soulmate's eyes, but like it glows when they're around them. Also, it says what their soulmate's parent's professions. 

For a poor person, it's a pawn. For a servant or a commoner, it's a rook. For a successful merchant, knight, lady's maid, etc it's a knight. For a duke or lord or someone like that, it's a bishop. And for royalty, it's a queen or a king. 

I sighed, my head falling with a soft plop on my pillow. 

It was nearing midnight, the dark blue sky shining with topaz stars and glittering with the light from the cream-white moon. Grey clouds drifted across the landscape, streaked with faded orange and purple, leftover from the sunset. 

A fog had settled in, too, making the windows misty and damp to the touch. It was tranquil and silent as I lay on top of my bedsheets in this cool, quiet, peaceful moment. 

It had been a nice day, working at the bakery with my parents. Today a group of schoolchildren had come in, along with their teacher, and ordered a large cake. I had been happy to make it for them, they were so sweet. 

Mom nearly hit me over the head with a ladle for giving them a discount, though. 

Smiling at the memory, I couldn't help but wonder how Mom and Dad had found each other so quickly. They loved each other. 

I was 19 and hadn't even found a trace of my soulmate anywhere. 

Placing a hand over my chest, I grasped for my soulpiece: a beautiful thing; a knight made of sapphire so dark and clear you could see through it. I lifted it to the light to see the spots of lighter, twilight-blue crystal that shared the space with lapiz lazuli and shimmering zircon. 

It turned the whole world a sparkling blue color, patient and calm. 

Laughing softly to myself, I turned over on my bed. There was no way someone's eyes could be that vibrant. But I could hope, couldn't I?

So I nestled into my sheets, pulling a pillow over my head and breathing in the scent of home. 

Outside, a storm began to form. Raindrops slid down my window, creating a gentle rhythmic beat that lulled me into the soft arms of sleep. 

Meanwhile, with Logan...

I sat on my couch, tired and panting softly. It had been a long day at the castle, trying and failing to find a remedy to heal the queen. 

She was still sick, her face as pale as the milk she was drinking out of a porcelain cup, decorated with roses and thorns. She loved that cup. 

Groaning to myself, I stood back up and padded slowly to my room, where my bed was already made by the servants of the place. 

I was the queen's royal doctor, or at least one of them. I seemed to be her favorite, though, as she loved to chat with me about how I was doing, or what was going on at the castle that day. 

Queen Rosalie loved gossip, and always seemed happier when she was learning the latest scandal. It wasn't very proper, but I enjoyed the smile on her face when she was talking about it, so I let it pass. 

It hadn't been her who had tired me out-- no, no, it was her sons. Twin monsters, both around my age-- 19-- but as mature as the monkeys on the street. Remus and Roman, each born with different colored eyes and pawns as soulpieces. 

They were no less royal, though, so I had to listen to their demands as they asked for rose tea, or hot chocolate. I was a doctor, not a servant! 

I let myself fall ungracefully onto the bed, slumping my shoulders, and my soulpiece fell out of my shirt. 

looking at it, I picked it up and placed it on the bedside table. 

It was a mixture of aquamarine, rainbow opal, and shimmering, transparent moonstone. A light blue color, similar to the shade of the sky just after dawn. Swirls of silvery opal, iridescent and nearly glowing with faded color, shone next to the bright aquamarine. 

It was also a rook. 

Looking at it softly, I placed a hand over it and dragged my thumb over the smooth surface. When would I meet this person, with such beautiful eyes like the color of Corina Bay? And what did their soulpiece look like?

I could only wait. 

---

Teaser bc this is only the first part hehe