Mini Sandwiches

This one-shot is delivered to you by Remile Lovers Forever <3

Remile UwU

Picnic AU; part one of a thingamajig I'm tryin' a do

It's one of my favorite ships, it really needs more affection like come on!!!

AND

AND

I am sO STUNNINGLY DELIGHTED TO WRITE THIS OML

I have wanted to write pure sweet gentle cute fluff for sO LONG AND REMILE IS THE PERFECT SHIP FOR THIS AND JUST

hhhhhhhh

even I need a break from angst sometimes, y'know lmao

Anyway, here it is~!

---

Emile put the small wicker basket of food down on the red-and-white checker quilt, brushing a curl of blonde hair away from his eyes. 

"Everything's set up," he called to his boyfriend, Remy, who was laying on the ground listening to pop music through a pair of silvery-gold headphones. Remy sat up, grinning, and scooted closer towards Emile. 

 Remy took his headphones off so they were circling his neck, music still quietly playing out of the speakers. He smiled at Emile, giving him a kiss on the cheek before opening the basket. "Now let's see, what have we here," he teased. 

Emile giggled. "Why are you asking, you were the one who bought all this at the bakery downtown. I barely know what all is in there, you know!" He leaned closer, looking inside of the mesh wood. 

Lifting out a few small plastic containers, Remy opened them to reveal mini sandwiches, a tray of a couple of muffins, and two large snickerdoodle cookies. Emile gasped. "Oh my gosh, I love that kind of cookie!"

"Why'd you think I picked them, love?" Remy laughed, passing Emile a sandwich. "But lunch first, alright?"

Emile pouted slightly. "Okay," he muttered. "Lunch first."

Remy raised an eyebrow. "Just because snickerdoodle cookies are great, y'know, doesn't mean mini sandwiches aren't. I mean, look at them!" He gazed down at the container holding an abundance of tiny lunches, a smile tugging at his mouth. "They're mini, babe."

Laughing now, Emile popped one in his mouth. "You're too cute."

"You're cuter," Remy chuckled, twining his fingers with Emile's. "Don't forget that, 'kay?"

Emile sighed happily, leaning up to gaze at the sky. "With the amount of times you remind me, I don't know how I could ever."

The landscape around them was pale green, willow trees softly swishing in the cool breeze, their thin branches bending to the wind. The grass waved as birds flew overhead, chirping happily and cawing to others. Further up, clouds floated past, all shapes and shades helping to paint the beautiful sky that shone on their wonderful, perfect day. 

They had decided to go on a picnic a few weeks ago, but this was the first time they had been able to come. Both were busy with work, and would have loved to come, but their schedules were already filled up. 

But now they were here, Emile thought with a bubbly feeling. Now we're here and it's wonderful and sweeter than I could have imagined. 

He leaned close, kissing Remy and lovingly squeezing the other's hand. Remy laughed into the kiss, their noses bumping slightly and hearts tingling and faces heating up, as a gentle breeze waved through their hair. 

"This is a lot more fun than I had imagined," Remy mused thoughtfully, smiling adoringly at his boyfriend. "Let's do this again sometime, howsaboutit?"

Emile giggled, flopping his head to one side so his wavy hair brushed his face. "That sounds lovely!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air and landing on his back in the grassy field.

Remy sighed affectionately, grabbing the other's hand and pulling him back up. 

The brunette reached into the wicker basket, drawing out a muffin, and promptly began to eat it. Emile smiled and started to grab one too, but as soon as he saw Emile reaching for them, Remy slowly dragged the container out of Emile's reach. 

"Darlin, don't you dare," he warned, a teasing grin on his face. "These. Are. Mine."

Rolling his eyes, Emile settled for munching on the remaining sandwiches, taking a peach-pink napkin out of the box and placing several of the sandwiches in the fabric. "You're so overprotective."

Remy lifted Emile's hand to his lips, kissing it and grinning coyly at the other. "Nothing but the best for you, babe."

Emile flushed bright red and sputtered for several seconds, ending up turning away in complete embarrassment. "Y-you-- shut up."

Laughing again, Remy slipped Emile one of the muffins, making him squeal in delight. Remy couldn't help smiling lopsididly in utter adoration at his boyfriend; he was just so perfect in every way. 

"You're so pretty," he complimented Emile sweetly, the grin still present on his face.

Emile looked up at him from under his eyelashes, in the middle of eating the muffin that was somehow too big for him to hold in one hand. "Hm?"

Remy chuckled, brushing his thumb along Emile's cheek. "I said you're beautiful. Adorable. And it's super cute how you have to use both hands to hold the enormous muffin I gave you."

Emile rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, only nuzzling his head against Remy's hand like a kitten. 

"Did you bring anything for drinks?" he asked Remy. "I brought myself a lemonade, but I wasn't sure if you had brought anything."

Remy rummaged in his bag, finally bringing out a bottle filled with some kind of light-colored coffee. "Yeah, an iced latte. Why? It's not going to get super hot, and even if it does, I know a forest we can use for shade. No big deal."

Emile smacked him, but not very hard. "No matter what, hydration matters, alright?" He finished his muffin and dropped the wrapper into the wicker basket, tucking it into a small pocket on the side. "Alright?" he pressed. 

Laughing, Remy cupped Emile's face in his hands and hopped his forehead against the other's. "Alright, my star. I'm staying hydrated by crunching on ice every few minutes, how's that?"

Emile smiled fondly at Remy, kissing him briefly and pulling away to grab another of the mini sandwiches. "You, sir, are a major flirt and have attempted to get away with abandoning any kind of self-care by teasing your therapist boyfriend."

"Buuut, he's so cute you let him get away with it every time." Remy scrunched up his nose and grinned, the freckles dotting his features more apparent with the bright sunshine dappling his face. 

Giggling, Emile threw a leaf at Remy. "I suppose so." He sighed adoringly, leaning into his boyfriend and soaking in this perfect start to a wonderful picnic. 

Part one is done!

Hey that rhymes--

Huh

Well! I hope you enjoyed this thing I spat out in the middle of the night (it's nighttime for me, anyway lol) 

THIS WAS SO CUTE AND SWEET

Excuse me while I go squeal in the bathroom for a few minutes