Sunrise

(A/N: This is a continuation of a one-shot I did for Thomas's birthday. The Logicality one, to be precise. I hope you enjoy! If you didn't read it, I've posted it on my Orange Tea book.)

Kind of a request from JazmineTheRainwing???

Patton and Logan were curled up together on their couch, sleeping quietly. The lamp on the glossy wooden table was still turned on, shining gently on their faces. Shadows flickered on the floor, dancing to the beat of the lightning. 

Outside, the storm whistled softly, lightning lighting up the beautiful indigo sky. Thunder boomed outside, but it was quieter, not as loud as it had been before. 

Rain pitter-pattered on the windows, landing in plops on the clay tiled roof overhead. If you listened closely, you could hear it splashing into the nearby bay. Patton, still asleep, yawned and snuggled closer to Logan, who had his arm draped over the smaller brunette. 

Their glasses were sitting silently on the table, reflecting the moon, which barely peeked out from behind the grey clouds. The TV was off, the kitchen lamp dark, and all the windows closed. Their mottled grey cat, Chex Mix, sat lazily on Logan's side, every so often flicking her tail and yawning widely. 

A particularly loud thunderclap struck nearby, startling Patton awake again. He blinked slowly, then turned over, looking at Logan who was still sleeping soundly. 

This time, Patton saw, he wasn't alone. The thunder was gentler, seemingly less loud when he was around Logan. The cat purred softly, placing a paw on Patton's leg, a gesture of comfort that he gratefully accepted. 

He giggled a bit, then nuzzled closer into his boyfriend's chest. And he stayed there, cozily surrounded by warmth, until he fell back asleep, lulled gently by the sound of gentle rain. 

---

The next morning was bright and cheerful, the clouds white and the sky cornflower blue, fading to a quiet purple which then was quickly absorbed by the colors of the rising sun. 

Logan woke first, yawning and stretching as Chex batted at some invisible entity. He looked down at Patton, curled in the crook of his shoulder, and a small smile flipped across his face. 

He tucked a strand of golden-brown hair behind the other's ear, stood up, and gathered the cat into his arms. 

The cat meowed and purred, her ears flicking back as she nosed into Logan's loose T-shirt and looked for some treats in his pocket. Smiling again, he set her down and went to feed her as the sun rose more into the sky, filling the day with warmth. 

After a while, Patton blinked awake too but stayed on the couch a bit longer. He groaned and rolled over, pulling the mauve blanket over his head again when sunlight streamed through the now-open windows, bathing the couch in bright light. 

Logan passed by, holding a purple mug filled with steaming jasmine tea. He nodded at the still half-asleep Patton, who merely yawned and disappeared under the covers again. 

Outside, a bird cheeped brightly on the windowpane. Red feathers contrasted the rest of the drab, mousy-brown feathers. Logan sat next to Patton, crossing his legs on the couch and putting his tea on the nearby table. 

When asked by Patton about what kind of bird it was, Logan smiled and replied that it was a female cardinal. Had Patton never seen one before? It was time to wake up, anyway. 

The shorter one grudgingly agreed and sat up, still holding the blanket tightly. Logan offered him a sip of the tea but Patton refused, saying it was better to wake up first before drinking anything. 

By now, the sun had risen higher in the sky, surrounded by orange-yellow clouds that promised little rain and more sunshine. The two watched it from the living room window for a bit, then Patton got up to get dressed while Logan went to the kitchen and made breakfast. 

When the quesadillas were ready, Logan walked upstairs to the bedroom. The stairs were creaky and old, and the banister hadn't been polished in a while. Logan, always the clean one, made a mental note to fix that later. 

Logan came into the room and saw Patton sitting on the large bed, dressed in a too-large indigo hoodie that went down nearly to his knees-- after all, it had been a gift to Logan from Patton. The reason he was wearing it was he did have a tendency to steal Logan's shirts and jackets, so it was no new thing to see him going around in oversized clothing. 

Once told that breakfast was ready, Patton stood up and yawned again. He gave Logan a quick kiss before grabbing his hand and pulling him downstairs. He had an idea-- they would sit outside and watch the sunrise. If there still was one. 

Logan assured Patton that there was still a sunrise, so no worries. They could of course do that, it was a wonderful idea, and so just like Patton

Outside, on the porch, there were two wooden chairs, one painted dark green, and the other sunflower yellow. Logan placed the basket of quesadillas on the glass table between them and sat in the yellow chair, looking out and smiling at the sky. 

A second later, Patton curled up in the other chair, pulling his legs close to his chest and gazing, awestruck, at the sunrise. 

It was pink, quickly fading into blue, with purple and magenta clouds floating around. The last of the stars were twinkling prettily in the sky, hiding behind and peeking out from around the multicolored clouds. The moon, a beautiful crescent, was sinking into the horizon. 

Patton and Logan lived near the sea, so they had a perfect view of the sky from whatever window they looked out of. It was constantly mirrored by the expansive bay, where turquoise water lapped at cream-white sand. 

Looking out happily at the ocean, where clouds and stars and the sun were reflected, all the worrying from last night seemed to melt away. 

Patton turned to Logan and kissed him again, this time longer and sweeter, a reminder that no matter what fears one had, they would face them together.