Stargazing With An Angel

This is for ya'll Supernatural fans-- I'm now part of the fandom-- uwu

Also this was written at like one in the morning please don't judge me

Ship: Destiel

AU: None

Plot: Uhhhh none lol

Castiel gazed up at the stars. 

A curtain of dark, velvety black filled his vision, blanketing reality and shining with beauty, dark blue, violet purples, and soft greys mixing together and swirling in the sky, like an impossibly beautiful, ethereal quilt. Stars speckled the darkness, white-gold sparking in the black next to golden-orange stars like burning embers. The moon cast a soft, glowing light down on the clearing where Castiel lay, illuminating his shimmering-blue eyes that seemed to leak grace. 

The stars...

They seemed so, so close... 

He reached his fingers up, stretching towards the sky, his hand curling into a fist as if he had caught a star in his hands. 

But when he opened his hand, sitting on his palm was a small firefly, blinking copper-gold and fiery orange. He looked down at it, the little speck of white-gold in his hand, waving tiny antennae in his direction. 

With a small chuckle, he watched the insect crawl onto one of his fingers and fly off, wings fluttering and body lighting up in intricate patterns. 

He flopped backwards, his wings unfolding from his back and sprawling across the dew-wet, mossy grass, catching on loose pieces of dirt and getting slightly muddy, but the spatters of dark brown didn't matter to Castiel. 

When he kept his wings close in, he felt trapped, closed-off. When he kept them locked away like a caged bird, not letting either his wings or his grace loose, he always got a gnawing, anxious feeling like something was wrong. 

But now he was alone, and he could let them go without worrying about someone seeing the dark, ashen-grey feathers of a fallen angel. 

He stretched, his wings spreading as far as they could go, sighing slightly. He drew them back in, breathing out and slightly enjoying the gracious release of tension. His eyes half-closed and staring absently at the stars dotting his vision, he let himself tug softly at the petals of a ruby-red flower, accidentally pulling the scarlet petals off.

They quietly drifted to the forest floor, spotting the mud-brown and green grass. 

"So, you like clearings, huh?"

Castiel whirled around, his eyes widening. 

Dean Winchester was sitting on a large boulder, leaning on his legs and looking quietly at the night sky. The firefly sat on his head, burying itself in his messy tangles of tawny-blonde hair and lighting up every now and then. 

His wings curling instantly into his back, Cas prayed to god, to heaven, to whoever he believed in now he didn't even know, that Dean had not seen his darkened, shadowed wings. 

Trying to compose himself, he sat up and looked curiously at Dean. "Hello, Dean," he greeted the other with a small frown. "What made you decide to come here?"

Dean shrugged, his mouth twisting into a small smile. "I dunno, man. I guess I just wanted to see where you go in your free time?" He glanced up at the sky, a faintly peaceful look crossing his face. "I didn't expect some kind of forest-y glade, to be honest. I thought all you angels chilled at hot springs or somethin'."