Chapter 3- S2/E7 Masquerade part 3

They had planned everything perfectly, so how did everything go to hell in one night? It was simple, use Caroline to lure Katherine to a room upstairs that Bonnie had spelled, there they would get what information they could, and then they would kill her. Maddison didn't like it though, Katherine was her friend. Caroline approached the two, "Hey, Maddi!" Maddison looked at her best friend, "Hi Care!"

"Caroline, tell me, what are Stefan and Damon up to?" Caroline acts flustered, "What do you mean?" Katherine raises a brow, "Well, Jeremy Gilbert just tried to lure me out to the lake. So, what's going on?" Caroline laughs nervously, "How am I supposed to know?" Katherine looks over to Maddison, unimpressed. Katherine roughly grabs the blonde's wrist. "Don't lie to me, Caroline. They're up to something. Tell me."

Katherine goes to break Caroline's wrist, "Wait no, no, I'll tell you. They're trying to kill you." Katherine growls under her breath, "Of course, where's the moonstone, Caroline?" The blonde looks to the ground. "Bonnie has it." Katherine releases her grip on the vampire, "And where's Bonnie right now?" Caroline fakes a tremble. "She's upstairs."

(Time skip to upstairs brought to you by Mason Lockwood, on a surfboard) 

Maddison's Pov.

As we approach two doors, Caroline falls back to stand next to me. Katherine throws the doors open, stepping inside. Caroline laughed. "I did it, I actually did it," Care tried to quiet her giggles. "I can't believe that I actually tricked you!" As Care leaves, Kat turns to me. "Maddie, what's going on?" She asks with betrayal in her eyes.

"They plan to kill you." I stared into her eyes. She nods, turns, and sees Stefan and Damon. After a while, Stefan has a stake in her chest, just above her heart. Right when I was going to step in, Jeremy came racing in. "Stop! Stop, whatever you do to her, happens to Elena. You're hurting Elena." Stefan and Damon step away from Katherine. Kat rises from her place on the floor, "Jeremy, go check on Elena. Make sure she's okay." So, Kat's plan was to link herself to Elena? There's got to be more, right? "Yes, let's all check on poor Elena. Make sure Elena's okay," Katherine drawled. I wonder where this will take us.