Chapter 12- S2/E9 Katerina Part 3

Maddison's Pov.

As we walk into the cafe Damon speaks up "Whoa, what about the uh," he lowers his voice "sunlight?" Rose keeps walking to the bar "Double-paned and tempered. UV rays can't penetrate. You see the appeal now," she answers. "That and the free Wi-Fi," a man says coming over. Rose looks at the guy and smiles before hugging him. "How are you?" Rose asks. The man nods before saying "Good. I saw you come. What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story but I want you to meet-" Rose starts before Slater interrupts looking at me and Damon. "Damon Salvatore. Turned 1864, Mystic Falls, by Katherine Pierce a.k.a Katerina Petrova. And Maddison Grace Gilbert, mother nature's chosen one." Damon and I look at each other in confusion, just as I'm about to ask what he's talking about he turns back to Rose. "So I take it I was right? What I told you about the tomb under the church was true," he asked.

"Yes, it was right. Thank you, for the tip." Slater smiles and turns back to me and Damon. "It's nice to meet you," he holds his hand out to Damon who reluctantly takes it. "Maybe." He looks back to Rose in confusion, "What's going on Rose? Where's Trevor?" Rose gives him a sad smile before telling him what happened. We grab drinks and take a seat at Slater's table. I sit facing the window with Rose in front of me, Damon to my left, and Slater to my right. "You're sure Elijah is dead?" Slater asks looking at me in a weird way. Could he possibly know? No there's no way he could, right? 

"Beyond dead," Damon answers with a smirk. "Trevor was a good man he helped me with my dissertation on sexual deviance in the Baroque period. I was getting my Ph.D.," Slater sighed. "Slater's been in College since '74," Rose added. "When I was turned. I have 18 Degrees, 3 Masters, and 4 Ph.D.s," He said proudly.  "The point?" Damon said rolling his eyes. "Exactly what is the point? What should I be doing with my eternity? If you have an answer please enlighten me," Slater said getting defensive. Rose decides to try breaking the tension, "We need your help. If someone wanted to get in touch with Klaus, how would you hook them up?"

"Craigslist," Slater said simply. "Really?" Damon said, always the pessimist. "Seriously," Slater said with attitude. I'm not really liking this guy. "I respond to a personal ad, that gets sent to somebody who knows somebody who knows Elijah, who's dead and that's where my connection ends. It was then that I received a message from Elijah.

Eli- Come outside and across the street Elskan, I'll be waiting for you.

I look out the window and see Elijah walking across the street he stops and looks at the cafe for a moment. I sigh and tell Damon, "I have to go back, I'll get a taxi." He nods and gives me a hug before turning back to Rose and Slater. I make my way out I mentally thank Elijah and whatever god there is for saving me from that. That Slater guy kept staring at me, it was really creepy. Just as I join Elijah he tosses something and shatters the glass of the cafe. I stare wide-eyed before I'm grabbed and whisked away. I close my eyes tightly before feeling something against my back. I open my eyes, only seeing a chest. I peek up, catching Elijah's gaze.

"What did you throw at the window?" I asked curious to know what he used to do that much damage. He hesitates, seeming worried about something. "Quarters. Elskan, are you angry?" I furrow my brows, "Why would I be?" He sighs and smiles a bit "Your friends were in there." I raise a brow at him, "Eli, my only friend in there is a vampire that has a daylight ring, Damon is fine. Rose isn't my friend, I mean she's okay but I barely know her, and I met her when she kidnapped me. As for Slater, he's creepy." I laugh at his cuteness for thinking I would be mad about something so awesome.

He tells me to hop in the car, once we're in the car he looks at me and asks "How so?" I hum before answering, "He knew who I was and said some stuff about me and it was just kinda weird." He glances at me before asking, "What did he say?" I was about to answer before remembering something he said this morning. "I'll tell you if you answer a question," I grin at him. "This morning you said 'our family'. What did you mean?" He doesn't answer but after a moment, pulls over at a diner. 

We go in, and Elijah takes me to a booth in the corner. After our waitress, 'Gail' takes our order Elijah speaks, "Elskan I haven't been completely honest. I know who your other mates are. Two of them, I'm not sure who they are." I sit in confusion for a moment before something clicks. "Your siblings," he nods. "Wait, if I'm mated to your siblings as well, why haven't you taken me to see them?" He sighs and lowers his head "Niklaus and I have fallen out, he daggered and threw the others in the bottom of the ocean where they can never be found," he answered.

I don't believe that, I think he does but it just doesn't feel true. I brought my sketchbook, it has drawings of me with my soulmates. "I'll be right back," I jump out of the booth and rush out to the car. I grab my bag and make my way back inside. Once I'm back at our table I nudge Elijah to scoot over before sitting down. I open it to a drawing I had done months ago when all this vampire crap started. It was Elijah, Niklaus, three more men, two women, and myself. "Is this them?"

He stares at the page for a minute "Yes but," he pauses. "But?" I ask impatiently. "That one," he says pointing at the man in between Niklaus and me "is our father, he wasn't a very good man Elskan. He often abused us, mainly Niklaus. And that woman," he points to the girl standing between Elijah's dad and a man with short hair and slightly taller than the rest. "I do not know her." I furrow my brows before deciding to focus on the Father part "Well something is obviously going to change, I mean what I draw, is the future. So," I trail off. "That means, your siblings aren't lost forever," I smile at him. He looks into my eyes with a small smile of his own. We both begin to lean in and just as our lips are about to touch we hear someone clear their throat.

We turn and our waitress, Gail, with our plates. "Sorry to interrupt, here's your food," she sets our plates down before smiling and walking away. "I have been trying to get in contact with my brother," Elijah said after she was out of earshot. "And?"