Chapter 31- S2/E13 "Daddy Issues" Part 1

Recap~

"You two need to communicate."

"Are you up to it brother?"

__________

"You called John Gilbert? Are you insane?!"

"He's our best bet at keeping Elena alive."

"You can't be that desperate! I mean, do you really not trust Maddi?"

"She's just 16, Damon! She's not ready for all this!"

"She's Maddi! She can handle anything, she won't be happy you interfered."

"Interfered with what Damon? Do you know her plan? All she said was she has a spell!"

Maddi's Pov.

"I'm willing," Nik grumbles.

"Great, where would you like to start Nik?"

He takes a breath, "There is something I must come clean of." He clears his throat, "I killed our mother, not Mikael." Elijah takes in a sharp breath. "I was angry with her for lying my whole life, for turning us, and for taking that part of me away. I still hate her for it."

"I understand and forgive you for lying. I also wish to apologize for the part I played that night."

"You were scared of Mikael, just as I was, am." He corrects. Before another word can be said there's a knock on the front door. I glance at Elijah before handing him the phone.

"Elskan, are you sure it's wise to open the door?"

"It's fine." I get up, I slide across the floor stopping at the door. I swing it open and immediately hate that I did.

"Hello, Maddison." Uncle John smiles at me like he's done nothing wrong. I slam the door in his face and turn to walk off. Unfortunately, John opens the door and walks in.

"What is the point in knocking if you're just going to come in anyway." Now listen, I know I'm being petty but the man tried to kill my twin's mate and her family. "Also, you can't just show up whenever you feel like it."

"It's my house-"

"Until I'm 18, and if I felt like it I could take it much sooner." He locks his jaw in annoyance, he never did like me much. "Loock, Elena's not here. Jeremy's asleep, Jenna is upstairs watching movies with Alaric, and I have a guest. Have fun at whatever hotel you're staying at."

"Actually, as it is currently my house, I have the right to stay here." I grind my teeth and spin around on my heel. "Now, where is this guest? I want to meet them."

"You-" I turn back to face him with narrowed eyes, "Are not my father. You have no right to meet anyone in my life, nor do you have the right with Jeremy or Elena."

"I'm Elena's-"

"No! Elena's father is Grayson Gilbert. He raised her, he provided for her, not you. You are just the scummy uncle who showed up whenever he felt like string trouble."

"You will not speak to me li-"

"What the hell is going on down here?" Jenna asks as she and Alaric come down the steps. "John? What- We weren't expecting you. It's okay that I'm confused right?" I nod.

"Jenna, I'll be staying a while."

"No," he glares at me. "Jenna," I turn to her, "We need to go to the courthouse tomorrow. I want to be emancipated." Her eyes widen, "Then, John, I own the house and all of my father's properties." Jenna snorts at the way John's face goes red in anger. He takes a threatening step toward me but Elijah is between us instantly.