Chapter 17- S2/E10 The Sacrifice Part 2

After a bit, we get up "Go get dressed we're going somewhere," she tells me. After getting dressed we head out. I realize halfway through where we're going. As we step in we hear "It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning." We see Rose come out tying a robe (mine that I leave here for when I spend the night). "Woah, sorry I thought you were-" "We know who you thought we were," I laugh.

"I, uh, sorry, I-" "There's no one else here" Rose interrupted. "Actually I came to talk to you," Elena explained. "Then I should probably get dressed." Rose left, while Elena and I went to the parlor and sat. After Rose came back, Elena explained why we came. They bickered for a bit but I tuned them out and started scrolling through my phone. Then I get a message... from Elijah. My soulmate who hasn't responded to any of my messages for days. I refuse to chase after someone, even my soulmate.

Elijah- Elskan, I'm coming to see you.

I stare at the message before Elena lays her hand on my shoulder "Come on we're going," I nod, close my phone, and leave. On the way to Slater's apartment, I received 4 more messages from Elijah.

Elijah- Elskan, are you at school?

Elijah- Your school said you were absent all of today.

Elijah- Maddison where are you?

Elijah- Please Elskan answer me, I can see that you've opened my messages.

I had refused to answer on the account that my messages to him over the last few days had been ' Eliiiijah I'm bored' and then the next day "I miss you' and then the last day I had tried messaging or calling 'Elijah please just let me know everything's okay,' but nothing, he would open them or decline my call but gave no response. I believe in getting what you give.

As I put my phone away it starts to ring, 'Highway to Hell'. Of course, just when I put it away, Damon decides to call. I pick up, "Hello," "Are you with Elena?" I look over at Elena "Yes," I answer. "Where are you guys?" "Don't worry about it Damon, I can take care of her just fine." He sighs "Alright but if something goes sideways you call me," I chuckle, "Alright."

After hanging up it took about 10 minutes to make it to Slaters. We go up 3 flights before Rose comes to a stop in front of two white chipped doors. "Slater! Slater, it's Rose, open up!" She sighs before turning to me and Elena, "He's not home, sorry," she says before starting to walk toward us. "No. We didn't come all the way down here for nothing," Elena tells her. We walk back to the door as Rose grabs the handles and forces it open.

Rose gives Elena a pointed look before saying "After you," she motions to the door. "Slater," Rose shouts as the three of us continue in. Rose continues after Elena stops short. She stops in front of a doorway on the left. "I don't think he's going to be of much help," Elena jogs over to Rose almost running into her. Elena looks to where Rose is pointing and gasps. I walk over, and upon seeing Slater's desiccated body I raise a brow before sighing. It's not that I don't feel anything but I didn't know him, he didn't mean anything to me, and I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with Elijah. 

Elena and Rose glance at one another before Lena turns to me. "Is there a way for you to see what happened?" I nod before going over and sitting. I grab the stake and yank it out, then lay my hand on his chest. I close my eyes and focus my mind the best I can to get an answer. I get flashes of Elijah handing Slater the stake, then Slater stabs himself in the chest. I let go before opening my eyes. "Nothing," I lie.

Sort of a short chapter, I wanted to update but I've been having trouble focusing.