Chapter 29- S2/E12 "The Descent"

After Bonnie discovered her bond with Damon we all insisted on a girl's day. So, here I am at the store with Elijah getting everything me and the girls need for our day. "Elskan, must you be away all day?" I laugh, Elijah has been complaining about our no-boys rule for the day.

"Elijah, the girls and I want to hang out without the boys and you my love are a male. I invited you to come shopping with me so you could have a bit of my day, but if you are going to keep complaining then go sit in the car." He pouts but keeps silent. I grab his hand as we make our way through the crowded aisles. We're halfway through shopping when Elijah's hand slips through mine but I don't notice how I lose him in the crowd until I turn to ask him to grab something from the top shelf. "Elijah, can you-?"

The speaker rings a bit, indicating an announcement is about to be made. "Can Maddison Gilbert please come to the front, your child is waiting for you?" I scrunch my face in confusion but make my way to the front. There I see Elijah sitting in one of the chairs with another pout.

"Lijah?" His head snaps up and a smile graces his face. "What happened?"

"I got lost and couldn't find you."

"Why didn't you text me?" He gives me a blank look.

"Oh, right. It's dead. I'm sorry honey." I press a kiss to his lips which makes him smile.

"You're forgiven." I smile at him.

"Thank you."

We finish shopping and drive home. Elijah helps me unpack everything before kissing my forehead and leaving just as the girls arrive. "Hey!" Care squeals.

"Hi," I pull her into a hug then do the same with Bonnie.

"So, we have face masks, cheese romance movies, nail kits, cookie dough, and just dance." We all grin at each other before starting the game. After about two hours we decide to take a break. We put the cookies in the oven, put on the face masks, and throw in a movie. Once the cookies are done we wash off the masks and start eating while doing each other's nails. The front door opens and closes then Damon's beside Bonnie. Elena and Bonnie jump in surprise. 

"Damon!" Bonnie gasps. He just grins at her.

"Hey, whatcha doin'?"

"Damon, what are you doing here?" He frowns.

"I missed my girl."

"Well, you've seen her now leave. This is girls' night." Care complains.

"How about, no?"

"Damon, if you stay then you have to participate. Without complaint." I narrow my eyes at him.

"Fine." After he agreed and has settled in beside Bonnie, I grab his hand and start on his nails. I thought about being mean and making them long and bright pink but decided against it. Instead, I give him nails just slightly longer than his own and paint them black. Once I've finished he inspects them. "Nice, I like 'em. We should do this more often." I grin at him until I hear someone clear their throat. I glance around the room before my eyes land on Finn.

My eyes widen a bit before I calm myself. "I'm gonna go shower, Care you can go after me." She nods as I stand. I quickly make my way to the bathroom and start the shower. "Finn? What are you doing here?" He frowns.

"I know you're having a girls' night but it's boring having no one to talk to. So, I came to see you. Why were you touching him?" I blink at him feeling a bit startled. 

"What?"

"That, man, why were you touching him?"

"I was doing his nails. Damon's my best friend, and I will be affectionate with him if I want. You may be my mate but that doesn't mean that everyone else becomes insignificant to me. Now you can either drop the jealousy, let me shower, and stay with me tonight. Or, you can leave now and come back when you're ready to apologize."

He sighs, "I'm sorry my dear. I just- It's hard not being able to love you in front of everyone, to show that you are mine just as I am yours."

I smile at him, "Well, I know it. Your brothers know it. Just because people can see you right now doesn't mean they don't know we're together. You are my mate, just as I am yours."

After my shower, I step into my room in my pajamas to see Finn waiting on my bed. I smile at him and head down the steps. "Where are Elena, Bonnie, and Damon?"

Care looks up at me, "Damon dragged Bonnie to his house and Elena went with them to spend time with Stefan." I nod.

"So much for no boys, huh?"

She chuckles awkwardly. "Yeah."

"Everything okay?" She sighs.

"Yeah it's just that- Elena's found her mate, now Bonnie has, and you've got Klaus & Elijah so far. Even Jeremy found one of his mates. Why haven't I?" I frown and sit next to her.

"I don't know Care but I'll look into it, I promise." She hugs me.

"Thank you. Now, I'm gonna head home. My mom texted and said she's gonna be home tonight and wants to have dinner together."

"Alright, have a good night Carebear." I close the door behind her and turn back to the steps. I'm home alone, Jenna and Alaric are at a movie, Jeremy's with Anna, and Elena's with Stefan. I walk up the steps and into my room. 

"So, where are my brothers?" I lay on the bed next to Finn.

"Elijah is at his apartment since the girls were supposed to be staying the night, and Nik, I don't know. How about I call him and see." I grab my phone and facetime Nik. He picks up before the second ring.

"Hello, love. What can I do for you?"

I smile at him, "Just wanted to talk. Whatcha doin'?"

He sighs, "Making preparations for my travel to Mystic Falls. Quite boring, really."

"Am I interrupting?" I hear someone in the background murmur a 'yes'.

"Nothing is more important than you. I can finish this later."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course love." I hear him tell others to get out and after a moment it's quiet.

"Nik?"

"Yes, love?"

"Do you miss your siblings?"

He freezes for a moment before answering, "More than anything."

"Even Finn? I remember Elijah telling me that you two didn't really get along."

He sighs, "I miss my older brother if I must be honest. I've only kept him daggered for so long in fear he would find a way to end his immortal life. Losing any of my siblings would be torture, even by their own hands. So, I made a plan. I would dagger him til we found our mate. In hopes that he would no longer despise himself and what we are."

I discretely glance at Finn but apparently, Nik noticed. "Love? Who's there with you?"

I bite my lip and look at Finn again to get his permission. He nods in agreement and presses a kiss on my forehead. "Finn."

"What?"