Chapter 10- S2/E9 Katerina Part 1

Maddison's Pov.

When I wake, Elijah is still asleep, I lay there for a moment admiring his relaxed features. "It's rude to stare, Elskan," he whispers, his eyes still closed. "It's also rude to not look at someone when you're speaking to them," he laughs at my childish retort. Just then my phone started ringing, I could tell it was Damon because the ringtone was "Highway to Hell." I groan while rolling over and answering the phone. "Hey, Day, what do you need?" 

"Hey Mads, I need you to come over. Stefan just called Elena." I sigh before telling him I'll be there in a bit. "Bye Mads, I hate you." I laugh "I hate you too Day, bye."

I hang up and put my phone back on my nightstand before turning back to Elijah. "You have to leave." I nod, "Yeah I have to go to the boarding house, see what they need, listen to them be idiots, and then go to school and sit through boring lectures for stuff I already know." He laughs and I glare at him, "Are you laughing at my misery, Eli?" He shakes his head but keeps laughing.

I laugh a little while standing up and walking to my closet. I pick out a pair of grey sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt with the words 'go away' on the front. I go to my dresser and pull out fluffy socks, I turn and toss my clothes on the bed next to Elijah's feet. Elijah sits up and grabs my fluffy socks, then starts laughing because they're cow print. "Really Elskan? Cow socks?" I huff at him, "They're cute, and you can't judge me. You wear suits all the time!" He shakes his head and tosses them at me.

I pull my shirt and sleep pants off, then snap my fingers changing my underwear from the blue sports bra and panties to a clean black pair. As I go to grab my shirt I catch a glimpse of Elijah's face. He's staring at me wide-eyed "What?" I know I'm pretty but I don't get why he's staring. "U-uhm nothing I just- Elskan you're beautiful. Well I mean I already knew you were but still... And the marks, they're-" he stops speaking and just stares.

"Yeah trust me I know, I'm a freak now-" aaand now he's in front of me. He gently cups my face in his hands, "Why do you say that Elskan?" I sigh before moving back to pull my pants on. "I have more than one mark Elijah, that means more than one soulmate. That makes me a freak." He shakes his head and takes my hands in his "Maddison you aren't a freak, you just have a lot of love to give and a lot of people who need that love. You are perfect for me and our family. do you understand me?" I look at him in confusion, as I'm about to ask what he means by 'our family' someone knocks on my door.

"Maddie, come on we gotta go see Stefan and Damon," it's Elena. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute," I called back. I sigh and sit on the bed pulling on my socks, then grab my white sneakers from under my bed and slip them on.

Time skip brought to you by Bonnie putting Damon in his place.

I had left the house after placing a kiss on Elijah's cheek and him jumping out the window. I climbed into my car and drove with Elena to the boarding house. I hop out and bounce to the door. I don't bother with knocking and just walk in almost hitting Day with the door. "Yes please do come in, uninvited," he said, words dripping with sarcasm. "Firstly I was invited, second you have given me free rein. I have literally spent the night, in your room, platonically! No one else gets to do that, so fluff you jerk." I stick my tongue out at him before wrapping my arms around his waist. He chuckles and hugs me back, "I am aware that I gave you free rein sweetheart, just a bit mad you almost took my head off with the door."

I pull away and shrug my shoulders "Meh." He shakes his head at me before turning to Elena. "Come on in," he jerks his head towards the parlor. Elena steps in, letting Damon close the door. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and drags us to the main room. Elena stands in the doorway about a foot away from Stefan. "Hey," she whispers out. "Hey," Stefan whispers back, I can't help but roll my eyes. OH MY GOSH, they are cringe sometimes. "Why did you tell me to come?" Sis, what am I? A roach?

I look at Damon who seems as done with them as I am. Stefan steps to the side and lets her see, Rose? Huh, I didn't see her. "Hiya, Rosie!" I giggle bouncing over to her, she looks up at me and seems relieved. "Hi Maddison," she chuckles at me. "So what's this about?" I ask hoping that it's not that serious so I can take a nap. "Rose has some information, about Klaus," Stefan says turning to face me.

Elena and I sit on the couch while Stefan and Damon sit on the arms of the couch. Rose stands in front of us seeming a bit nervous. Rose starts pacing as she begins to speak "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years. I'm not sure what's true or not. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But I know that Klaus is real." We look to Elena as she speaks "Who is he?" Damon sighs before answering "He's one of the Originals. He's a legend." Stefan continues when Damon stops "From the first generation of vampires."

Elena looks at Rose "Like Elijah?" Rose shakes her head "No Elijah is like the easter bunny compared to Klaus." I snort thinking of Elijah with bunny ears and tail, holding a basket of plastic eggs. Damon looks at me and smiles, he knows what I'm picturing. We look back to Rose as she continues "He was a foot soldier." I smile making a mental note to tell Elijah this stuff just to make him laugh. "Klaus is the real deal," Rose finished. 

Stefan looks at Elena "Klaus is known to be the oldest." I shake my head remembering how Elijah told me Klaus is his little brother. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in history is coming after me?" She looks from Stefan to Rose, then lastly at me and Damon. "Yes," "No," Stefan and Rose answer at the same time. I sigh somehow knowing that today is going to be very long.