Chapter 8-S2/E8 Rose part 4

Elijah's Pov.

I slowly began to wake from the stake in my chest. Being killed is more annoying than painful at this point in my eternal life. I cannot for the life of me fathom why I was so easily taken down by those baby vampires and that damned doppelganger. And now they have my- There's something on my face, and now it's gone. First, let's fully come back before thinking too much about that. Suddenly the stake is being ripped out, now I'm falling. Okay, perhaps not, I'm being lowered to the floor slowly. I'm not being touched, so it's magic, but I don't hear a spell.

The grey continues to drain from my skin and I slowly lift my head, and I see... her. "Hello there," Damn my voice is low and a bit rough, she probably thinks I'm weak, her first impression of me is... I killed someone in front of her! I was killed in front of her! Ohhhhh that's not even the worst part, she said she and Katerina have spoken about me, ughh! I have got to pull myself up and get this rejection done with. I try to stand but it seems I'm a bit weaker than anticipated. Then I feel small hands wrap around my upper left arm, she's helping me up.

Once I'm standing I can't help but let my gaze linger on her neck, she's too close. I've got to get away before I hurt her. She must have noticed my lingering eyes though, because she tilts her head to the right, "Go ahead." I look into her eyes for any sign of fear but find none. I lean down and breathe in her scent. She smells of vanilla and cinnamon, she radiates softness, and care. A warmth I don't believe I have ever felt before. I press a feather-light kiss on her neck before biting down. Her blood is smooth, soft, and rich.

I feel her arms wrap around my waist, she's pulling me closer, and I realize that I've had enough. I pull my fangs from her neck and wish for time to freeze and forever be in this moment. To have her close. I pull my head back to speak to her but she's looking at me with such wide eyes, that I can't help but lean down. Her lips are soft and she tastes chocolate, strawberries, and champagne. I put as much want as I could into this kiss, afraid I might never get another chance.

It's a bit difficult, as I am 5'11" and she's about half a foot shorter. I feel her pull back and know that I've probably made her uncomfortable. She seems to be shy, as she digs her face into my chest, arms squeezing around my waist a bit. I let out a small laugh feeling pride and happiness that this woman is mine, she is quite adorable. She presses closer, and I hear a crinkling, like paper. She suddenly straightens and I freeze. What had I done wrong? Did I go too fast by kissing her? I feel her hand on my chest, I look down the see she's reaching into the breast pocket of my jacket. She seems frantic as she grabs something from the pocket and shoves it into my hand. I look at what she handed me, it seems to be a note. I open it and see 'Room with the open window and blue curtains, I'll wait up for you - Maddison' and an address, which I assume is her's. 

I look up about to ask her but... she's gone. "Elskan!" I call out, hoping she was just in the other room. "Maddison," I yell as I speed through the house in search of her, but she's gone. Almost like she wasn't even here to begin with. Maybe, she wasn't. She clearly has magic. Anyway, she wants to see me, so I will go to her. I speed out the door, climb in my car, and make my way to Mystic Falls.

Time Skip brought to you by Fairy Damon, spreading sarcasm and attitude throughout the world

Maddison's Pov.

We've been home for a few hours, and it's late. It's ten o'clock if Elijah was coming, he would have been here by now, right? Maybe... maybe it was just a dream, my mind trying to hope. Wait what is that sound? There's another clink, then another. It's coming from the window, I think. I look out and see Elijah. "Elskan, in case you have forgotten, I cannot come in without an invitation," he thinks he's so funny. I hum, "Yes well in case you have forgotten, you were invited, but if you wish to hear it, then come in." I step away from the window and then he's standing in front of me.

It isn't fair that someone can look that good. I'm gonna tell him "You know it's really not fair." He raises a brow at me "What isn't fair, Elskan?" I give a small huff but answer with a smile "That someone can be that pretty." He laughs and I admire the sound and the way his eyes shine. "Elskan I believe we should talk," I tilt my head to look into his eyes. They're a wonderful dark brown, they almost look like melted chocolate in the light. "Talk about what exactly, Mr. Mikaelson," I try to keep a straight face but can't seem to keep the smirk off my face.

"You said Katerina told you about me, I'd like to know what she said." I raise a brow, "Why because you actually want to know what she said? Or, because you want to know what I think?" He chuckles and sits at my desk. "A bit of both, is that alright?" I nod. 

"She told me about how you met, about the curse, and then she told me about how you're an Original and what that means." He nods solemnly, "And what is your... opinion?" I snicker a little, "My 'opinion' of you will be formed by our time together." His shoulders drop in relief, and smiles. "Anything else?"

"Tell me about you Elskan." I give a small hum, "Well my full name is Maddison Grace Gilbert, I have a twin, Jeremy. I'm 16, my birthday is October 13, 1993. Uhm, my favorite color is blue if you couldn't tell from the light blue walls and blue pillows and cover." He chuckles "Yes, I could tell. What things do you like to do?"

"Hmm, well I dance a lot and then there's my habit of doodling." He hums, "May I see something you have drawn?" I nod reluctantly getting up away from the warmth and go to my dresser. I grab my sketchbook and open it to the drawing I did on the car ride back from Duke. I turn back to Elijah and make my way back to the bed "This is one of you, it's of today but I drew it a few weeks ago." He looked up at me with something in his eyes.