Chapter 26- S2/E12 "The Descent"

My phone dings and I'm reminded that Damon had needed me. I check my phone seeing this;

Day- Are you almost here?

Babes- Yeah, we'll be there soon.

Day- We?

I slip on my shoes, grab Elijah and Elena, then rush out. Quickly driving over to the boarding house while talking about what Damon could possibly want. "Maybe he ran out of bourbon?" Elena mused. I shake my head no.

"No, he sounded kind of panicked on the phone, I'm worried." Elijah lays a hand on my shoulder in comfort. Silently telling me it will all be okay. "I messaged Bonnie to meet us there, cause whatever is going on I have a feeling he'll need her." Elena gasps.

"You noticed too?!" I let out a small laugh but nodded.

"How could someone not notice? They bicker like a married couple!" Once we've arrived I jump out of the car, one phone in hand and the other in my back pocket. At that thought, I check the phone in my hand, sighing in relief that it's the one on the call with Nik. Walking in I shout, "Damon?" Getting no answer I walk further in, Elena and Elijah following. Then I'm grabbed and thrown against a wall. Looking at my attacker, I'm surprised to see it's Rose. "Rose, what," Then she's pulled off me by an angry Elijah.

"Maddie, are you okay?" Elena asks looking me over. I nod, biting my lip in worry.

"Give me one good reason not to end you," Elijah growled. Damon came running in.

"A werewolf bit her." He had tears in his eyes, his face screaming vulnerability. Shoulders slumped and slightly quivering.

"That's why you asked me here, isn't it?" I asked reaching a hand out to him. He reluctantly takes it, I think if it had been anyone else he wouldn't have made the contact, but he knows I won't judge him, especially for this. Rose jumps to attack again, but Elijah has a good grip on her arms and quickly snaps her neck. He picks her up and carries her into the parlor, and lays her on the couch.

"Can you heal her?" Damon begs, and it tears me up. I know that I cannot heal her. No matter how powerful I am, she's on the brink of death and I cannot save her without a willing sacrifice of life. I know Damon would do it but Rose wouldn't forgive herself and when Damon finally realizes that Bonnie is his mate, he wouldn't forgive himself for leaving her. How they haven't already realized this is beyond me, although it may be because of their prejudice towards each other. I nod, then take a seat on the floor, near her head. Laying a hand on her forehead I do all I can to make her comfortable and sound of mind. Pushing the energy through my body and out my fingertips. When she wakes I pull back, looking at Damon, and he knows. I can see the realization dawn on him as his eyes gloss over and he turns to face away from everyone.

I can hear the front door open then, "Maddie?" Bonnie's here. Damon turns to me, eyes wide, looking as if I've betrayed him. I would feel guilty for my decision to call her but I know he needs her, even if he hasn't realized that quite yet.

"In here!" I call out right as Damon takes off to his room. He's afraid she'll think he's weak, but this is what she needs to see or she'll be unable to notice her own feelings for him.

"What's going on?" Her eyes dart around, looking at all of us before they stop on Elijah. "Who is he?" With a sigh, I stand up.

"This is Elijah," she gasps and takes a step back. "He's not going to hurt you, Bonnie. That would get him on my bad side." She looks at me with confusion but in a way that her eyes demand a straightforward answer. "He's my mate." She nods in understanding, awareness of the situation dawning on her.

"Where's Damon and Stefan?" I smirk a little at how she put Damon's name first, feeling way too smug.

"He's in his room, can you go make sure he's alright?" She gets an odd look on her face like she wants to say no but has that feeling that she has to. I've experienced that numerous times and each one ended with me knowing what I needed to do. Yeah, they'll be just fine.

"W-what happened?" Oh, I forgot she was awake. I turn to look at her.

"You were bitten by a werewolf. I've done what I can, but it's really only going to keep you comfortable and stop the hallucinations." She nods, tears in her eyes and trembling lips. "Hey, don't be scared, we'll be here with you." Elena steps forward.

"Yeah." Elijah gave a firm solid nod, clearly on edge based on his set jaw and tense shoulders. Most likely because of Rose's previous attack. "I'm gonna go get you some blood, Maddie can you go check on Bonnie and Damon." I stand up, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Elijah," I start as he goes to follow me up the stairs. "You stay here with Rose. I'm not going to be attacked from here to Damon's room." He frowns, obviously not liking the idea but relents anyway. "Thank you." He playfully glares at me, a smile twitching on his lips.

"So I get to go with you, love?" Nik's voice broke through the moment. I huff, pulling the phone out of my pocket and turning the camera back on.

"No, you would have but then you said something and reminded me to hand you over to Elijah." I smirk at him, "Oh, and no fighting." I push the phone into Elijah's hands and head up the stairs. I make it to Damon's room, the door closed, and knock. "Day, can I come in?"

"Please." I can hear the sadness, the answer coming out almost as a whimper. I open the door, stopping it from hitting the wall, and take a step in. The sight before me, at any other time, would be hilariously adorable. Bonnie is sitting against the headboard with Damon's head on her chest, and she's cradling him like a baby. His eyes were teary and wide, staring at me.

"Hey, Rose is awake, I was thinking we all could watch a movie. How does that sound?" He whines, burying his face into Bonnie's shoulder. "You can take your time joining us, or we could move up here." He nods at the last idea. "Okay, I'm gonna call the others over and we'll relax together." I turn and make my way back downstairs. "Okay we're going to all watch movies in Damon's room, Elijah can you help Rose up there while I message the others?" He hums in agreement, then picks Rose up and carries her up the steps. I message Caroline, Stefan, Alaric, Jeremy, and Jenna.

The favorite; Hey, we're having a movie night at the Boarding house in Damon's room. I want you all here soon. Stefan, Care can you two grab some food and snacks?

Bunny Eater; Yeah, we'll grab some before we head there.

The favorite; Thanks

Coraline; We'll be there in 30

Banana; We're on our way

Ratatouille(or Pocahontas, whichever you prefer); What are we watching?

The favorite; I was thinking the Twilight movies, they're sure to make us laugh.

Coraline; Yessssss

Dopplewhore; I agree

Bunny Eater; I guess Twilight's fine

Dopplewhore; Don't even Stefan, Twilight is your favorite

Bunny Eater; Elena!

Coraline; Seriously!?

Man Whore; I'm so disappointed little brother

Coraline; Damon you read the books and liked them, so don't act like you're innocent!

Witchy; He's embarrassed now

Coraline; Wait, are you two together right now?

Witchy; Yeah, why?

The favorite; They're cuddling

Coraline; OMG!!