Chapter 15- S2/E9 Katerina Part 6

"Now love you said you had everything figured out. What exactly is it you know that we do not?"

"Well Nik I'm afraid I can't tell you, it would mess things up and then I would be of no use in that department. I'll just fix things as we go... Is that okay?" He inhales before puffing the breath back out, "Yes love I suppose."

"Also, if I go around telling everyone the future then I could be grounded from using my powers for a while." Elijah looks at me weirdly, "Grounded?" They asked in perfect harmony. "Well yeah, what you thought I just somehow have these powers, with no magic family? No, they were gifted to me. That's one thing that creep got right."

"I'm sorry, what creep?" Nik asked. "Elskan you've lost me on this too. What did he say?" Elijah chimed. "I was chosen by Mother Nature, to do what I'm not entirely sure. Somehow, he knew."

"What did he say?" Elijah asked, oh I went in my head again. "Slater said something about me bringing peace to the supernatural world, although it was only a thought. I went fishing in his head when he kept looking at me weirdly." After a moment I hear Nik begin to laugh. "Niklaus," Elijah said in warning. "No, no, no, I am not laughing at her. I'm laughing because this is it. This is the thing that will drive me to insanity." I look at Elijah in worry, "What do you mean brother?"

"Surely if she is to bring peace that must mean that she will be in danger, that means an eternity of running after her to make sure she doesn't get herself killed." He continued to laugh. "Uhmm, yeah, about that... I can't die," I mumbled but I knew they had heard because Elijah froze behind me and I heard a thump over the phone. I'm pretty sure Nik fell on the floor in shock. "Nik, you okay?"

"What in the bloody hell do you mean you cannot die?!" Wow, that was loud, I may not be a vampire but I still have sensitive ears. "Elskan you aren't a vampire so," seems his mind is working overdrive. "I'm Immortal, so no dying," I explained. Nik splutters for a moment, "Immortal? No weakness, none at all?" I shake my head before remembering he can't see me. "Nope."

"Once I turn 20 I will stop aging. Also when we complete the bond you all will be completely Immortal too." It goes completely silent and after a few minutes that feel like hours, I lean back into Elijah more. Finally feeling how tired I am. He takes my sketchbook from my lap, closes it, and sets it on the nightstand. Then he grabs the phone but before he can hang up I grab his wrist. "No."

He furrows his brows in confusion. "I want him to stay on, please," I beg tiredly, usually I wouldn't pout but I'm tired and I know it's the best way to get what I want. I use it to get the others to come to the movie nights. Well, mainly Damon but whatever.

"Brother?" Elijah asks continuing to stare at me with what I believe is adoration in his eyes. "I can stay on," he responds. I hear some rustling before a small sigh before he speaks again. "Rest love. Elijah and I can have some brother bonding time while you sleep." I let out a small yawn and hum before curling up. "Night Lijah, night Nik. Please don't go." I whispered as I fell asleep not realizing that last bit slipped out.

Nik's Pov.

"Uhm, about that I can't die," my sweet soulmate mumbled. I had been hanging off the couch like a schoolgirl, not my proudest moment but it was made more embarrassing by my falling off. "Nik, you okay?" I scrambled to sit upright, still on the floor, and picked my phone up. "What in the bloody hell do you mean you cannot die?!" I shouted.

"Elskan you aren't a vampire so," Elijah my ever-thinking brother tried to come up with the answer on his own. "I'm Immortal, so no dying," she explained. "Immortal? No weakness, none at all?" She's quiet for a moment, "Nope."

 "Once I turn 20 I will stop aging. Also when we complete the bond you all will be completely Immortal too," it goes completely silent. There's some rustling on the other end before I hear a quiet "No," from my little soulmate. "I want him to stay on, please," she whines slightly. God, she's already everything to me and I haven't even seen her. 

"Brother?" Elijah speaks pulling me from my thoughts of what our soulmate looks like. "I can stay on," I reply before standing and laying back on the couch. "Rest love. Elijah and I can have some brother bonding time while you sleep," I hear her yawn. "Night Lijah, night Nik. Please don't go."

I freeze in place for a moment "Elijah, why would she be worried we'd leave?" I whisper not knowing if I am on speaker. "She met Mikael when she was younger," he answered in a low voice.

Elijah's Pov.

After telling Niklaus about Maddison's encounter with our father he didn't speak. Most likely, he is trying to keep from shouting. I sit in silence, I can't remember when I last relaxed. "Brother, I must tell you..." I wait for him to speak, "Our siblings are not in the ocean." I feel my lips twitch upward, it would seem that Maddison was correct.