Chapter 6

When I woke up the next morning, I smelled pancakes and bacon wafting from the kitchen. Saint was holding me close in his sleep, his legs were tangled with mine and his head lay on my chest over my heart. My door was wide open, and we both had on sleep clothes although my shirt was pushed up slightly because Saint's hand was on my stomach. Although the sensation was divine, I felt my face warm with a blush.

Talking and laughter from the kitchen drifted through the rest of the house. I was torn, I wanted to get up and go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, then check out who was in the kitchen, but I also loved staying in bed snuggled into Saint. I breathed in his unique smell. I couldn't explain why Saint smelled the way he did, but it was most certainly divine.

"Good morning, Little Bird. Did you sleep better?" Saint's gruff voice tickled the skin on my chest above my breasts. I stretched and giggled.

"Yes, ever since we moved in here. I've finally been able to fall asleep and stay asleep. Thank you for letting me use you like a personal battery."

"Wren, I just used you as a human pillow. Also, you might have some drool on your chest, sorry!" Saint chuckled and looked up to catch my expression. His deep blue eyes met mine and my breath got stuck in my throat.

His eyes narrowed and his pupils dilated, his eyes glanced down to my lips in a silent question. I nodded and Saint brought his lips closer to mine before they finally met. I let out the breath and then his lips were on mine. At first, his lips didn't move they just hovered over mine, the barest of touches. When I finally got the nerve, I moved my lips under his. I was so nervous that when I felt his fingers dig into my hair, I gasped which opened my mouth. His tongue tentatively breached my lips, stroking them softly.

My lips opened winder, Saint needed no encouragement and took over the kiss, deepening it and teaching me with his mouth. I'd never thought kissing could feel this good. When I saw people kissing, I just assumed they did it for affection. Feeling his lips on mine I realized it was so much more. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried to pull Saint closer. The area between my thighs throbbed and I pushed my body down on to the thigh that was tangled between mine.

Knuckles tapped a soft knock on my door, and I jerked away from Saint so fast I almost tumbled to the floor. Phoenix caught me in his arms before I could take a header off the king-sized bed.

"Good morning Wren," I heard the laughter in Phoenix's voice and thought I'd die from embarrassment. How could that kiss feel so good in one moment and in the next all I could feel was embarrassment I couldn't even look Phoenix or Saint in the eye.

"Little one, look at me," Phoenix ordered. I glanced up cautiously. "You did nothing wrong, it's okay to want someone to touch you."

I nodded but dropped my eyes again, the mortification colored my face into a shade resembling a tomato.

"Why don't you go ahead and get dressed, there's someone downstairs who is dying to see you." Phoenix turned to Saint, "We need to talk."

Phoenix kissed me softly on the lips and turned around and left the room, still leaving the door open. Saint jumped out of the bed and strode over to me. He stopped in front of me and stood, not moving for a few minutes.

"He's right you know, there's nothing wrong with what we just did," Saint said as brushed his thumb across my bottom lip. "Gods you are beautiful," with those final words he left behind Phoenix.

My stomach grumbled and I rushed through my morning routine to see who was here, when I finally got downstairs with a pair of soft black yoga pants, a baggy pale blue t-shirt that was tied at my waist, and bare feet the laughter was getting louder and the smells of the cooking breakfast stronger.