Chapter 12

We walked through the mirror and into my room at the Lost Boys' house, on my bed was Fala, Mika, Talon and Hawk. When Coach cleared his throat to wake them up, they all jerked into sitting positions.

"You're back!" Fala jumped up and did a little happy dance.

I set the bag of clothes on the floor next to the mirror that we just came through.

"I want to hear everything! Did you dance? Was there food? Did you get to meet the Princess or any of the Princes?" Fala babbled on loudly. Mika, Talon and Hawk started to stir on my bed. It was about 9:30 in the morning and I was surprised they weren't up already.

"I'm sorry I hope you don't mind, we slept here last night. I was too excited to go home and so we stayed up late watching movies and eating popcorn," Fala told the Lost Boys.

"That's fine, Fala." Phoenix was already moving to his room to change, the other Lost Boys right behind him.

"We're going to go change too," Coach said and pulled mom from the room. Talon and Hawk went downstairs to make coffee and find breakfast for everyone.

I pulled a change of clothes out of the dresser and handed the bag of cleaned clothes to Mika, "Thank you so much for the costumes, Mika. They were perfect. The Palace had them cleaned."

"Aww they didn't need to do that, but thank you," Mika accepted the clothes.

I quickly changed in the bathroom and once I was out, the sisters pulled me onto the bed and I told them all about Lark, Dahlia, the Princes, Avalon, and the Jabberwocky.

Tala and Mika were shocked, they had heard of Avalon but had no idea it was real or that the Jabberwocky was so close.

"Breakfast is ready!" Talon called up the stairs and I heard everyone leave their bedrooms and stomp down the stairs into the dining room.

I walked out into the hallway and Saint stopped me. He squatted down, "hop up Princess."

I laughed but did what he wanted and jumped onto his back. My legs wrapped around his waist and his hands went under my yoga legging covered knees. I held on tightly with my arms surrounding his shoulders.

When we arrived in the kitchen all eyes went to us. "Her highness has arrived!" Saint announced.

Everyone got up and bowed and curtsey.

"No, we aren't doing that." I grabbed a dish towel and snapped it at Saint.

The whole room burst out in laughter and everyone sat down and started loading up plates with eggs, bacon, and toast. I grabbed a jug of orange juice from the fridge and brought it to the table. I sat in my usual spot between Coach and my mom.

Conversation turned to the Jabberwocky. "How are we going to find him?" Stone asked, we don't even know what he looks like."

"They didn't have any pictures of him at the Palace?" mom asked.

"No, I asked Lark about it. She said that after the Jabberwocky killed the wise woman, and was expelled from Avalon, Queen Amethyst destroyed all pictures of him. She didn't want to be reminded of him, for Dahlia and Rose to be reminded of him."

"Those poor girls, losing their mother and their father at the same time," mom said as she took a sip of her coffee.

Everyone was quiet as they were lost in their own thoughts. Each one of us had lost someone in our lives and could relate to two small girls missing their parents. The more I thought about it the more I wish I had gotten to know Rose. I wish I had known her before she lost her magic before she had gone insane.