Chapter 22

When I woke, I was back in my room at Wonderland Castle. As usual, bodies lay around me in dog pile formation.

I almost didn't want to ask but I had to know, "is she okay?"

Stone pulled me on to his chest, draping my body over his. He smelled divine and I nuzzled my nose against his bare chest. He had a light smattering of chest hair, and it tickled my face.

"The Queen is going to be fine, thanks to you," Stone whispered into my hair, kissing the crown of my head.

"She's resting in her chambers which is what you are supposed to be doing. You aren't all the way recovered and the Healers said you still need a lot of rest," Phoenix's jaw popped from his yawn.

I turned over and curled around Saint, who had been lying on his side facing the door. Stone spooned me from behind.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily. Phoenix was right, I was still exhausted.

"Our watches and cell phones don't work but I think it's around three in the morning," Luck volunteered from his spot behind Stone. Legend lay next to him, completely conked out.

"Alright," I yawned and closed my eyes. "Tomorrow I want to meet her though."

"Of course, Little Bird, tomorrow," Stone said and covered me with my blanket.

I fell back into a thankfully dreamless sleep.

****

A tapping at the door woke me. I untangled myself from the mass of arms and legs and then hopped off the bed. I glanced back and finally realized how massive the bed was. It fit me and each of the Lost Boys with room on either side and the foot of the bed. I giggled quietly as I saw the twins snuggling on the same pillow.

The knocking happened again, a bit louder and I rushed to get the door before they woke the boys.

"Good morning!" Lark breezed in, her guys behind her.

The Lost Boys groaned from the bed. Saint's voice was muffled from the pillow over his head, "Is it really time to get up?"

"Well, you don't have to, but I was hoping Wren could come help us get ready for the Winter Solstice celebration. Also, because Aunt Dahlia is back, and you are all here, we thought we could have the joining ceremony tomorrow night during the celebration," Lark smiled at me shyly.

"We'd love to help. Do you need us to do anything? I don't know that any of us know how to plan a Winter Solstice celebration for a Palace," I asked.

"What joining ceremony?" Phoenix looked between Lark and me.

"Lark is getting married to the Princes," I answered him. I studied the rug closely, too embarrassed to look at anyone.

"Most of the planning is already done by Sir Rupert. All our guys need to be fitted for suits. And Sir Rupert has planned a bruncheon for us ladies in the Queen's sitting room. I thought Anne would like to come. I had some dresses made for the both of you. Anne's will need a last-minute fitting," Lark saved me from talking.

"Is Aunt Dahlia up for having visitors? I really would love to spend some time with her, with both of you," I sat down next to my sister. I was a bit self-conscious since I was still in my pajamas.

I saw out of the corner of my eye, the Lost Boys all discreetly grab clothes and snuck off to the en suite to change.

"She's much better. The Healers don't want her exerting herself, but they said as long as she's resting, it should be fine. High Healer Willoughby will be nearby so that she doesn't overly exert herself. I can't wait for you to meet her," Lark exclaimed, jumping to her feet in her excitement.