Chapter 9

The twins sat next to me and held each of my hands in between each of theirs.

"Breathe, Wren," Legend implored. I crumpled to the floor.

"Slow your breathing down," Stone ordered. He was now kneeling on the floor in front of me, his hand over my heart. "Match your breathing to mine."

I listened to them talk to me and tried to do what they told me. Coach and mom were talking quietly to the woman who was me. Finally, when my breaths came a bit slower, and I didn't feel so lightheaded I attempted to stand. I looked up to find the woman again but she was gone.

"No way, Wren, you stay down for a bit longer," Luck told me, his dimple flashing on his right cheek.

Stone gathered me up in his arms and carried me over to a couch to sit on.

"We don't have a lot of time," Coach told everyone. He was holding my mom's hand, but his face had deep grooves in his forehead and he looked tired.

Phoenix's voice came from the corner of the large sitting room, and I craned my neck to see him, "apparently there was information that Rose didn't share with us, actually there was a lot of information that she didn't share with us. Lark is your twin sister; she is also the Princess here. You are both Princesses here."

"That doesn't make any sense, the invitation said this is her birthday party, but my birthday is in November. At least from what child services could tell from my size when they found me."

"I have a theory about that," Saint commented. "You were born within the curse. People didn't age in Weverland until you absorbed the magic. I think when you were born, you wouldn't have aged until you left Weverland. Rose had to get you both out before the winter solstice or you would both be stuck there. I don't really understand why she hid you, if the whole reason to have you was to try and hurt Phoenix though."

"So, my birthday is actually sometime in October, and I have a twin?" I asked the people in the room, and everyone responded yes. "Why wouldn't she tell me any of this?"

"You're one of us now," Luck whispered in my ear.

"A Lost Boy?" I asked him.

Legend chuckled on my other side, "no you nut, part of the twin club!"

"I know this is a lot for you Wren, but we need to get back out there. The Princess didn't realize you were sensitive to crowds. She said we could use a private balcony during her speech, but she would like us there. She said after the speech was over, she would answer any questions we have," mom said. She still looked a little teary eyed but her back was straight and she held her head high. She attempted to muster a cheerful smile.

I sat up on the chaise I was reclining on, it was a pale pink with gold brocade. It was so pretty, and I brushed my palm against the fabric, it was an interesting texture.

Now in a seating position I slowly stood up on shaky legs. The twins still my constant companions were there in case I fell. The shock was over, and I was able to get my legs under me.

We walked as a group, following a burly guard to the balcony that Lark had designated for us. We could see everyone below us, milling about. The dancing and food would happen after the Princess's speech, the guard informed us. When we reached the balcony, he bowed low and then stood in front of the doors to guard the balcony. He was so quiet I could barely hear him.

I stared down at the people, there were little people, fairies like we had seen earlier, centaurs, satyrs, and so many other magical creatures that I didn't have names for. There were also people who looked like us. I had no clue what they were, but I could feel their power. It flowed off them in waves The most powerful were the men on the dais with my sister, and my sister herself.