♧⃘ twenty-three ♧⃘

TW: Mentions of blood (not too much, just when she is cleaning up.)

"Okay, what are you really doing in there?" Corin asked.

I turned on the shower to block out his voice.

"Tulip!"

"What?" I yelled.

"Why did you turn the shower on?"

"To shower?"

"Fine, take a quick shower but leave the door unlocked so I can bring some clothes."

"Aw, so caring! Thank you bestie!"

I laughed (annoyed), and stepped into the shower without waiting for the water to warm up.

The cold water hit my shoulders, and soaked my hair. I got goosebumps, but after a few seconds it was soothing.

Soon enough, the water got warmer. I grabbed the hotel shampoo and started to wash my hair.

"Holy-" I looked down and saw my blood mixed with the soap and water on the shower floor. "I forgot about that..."

I continued to wash the shampoo and blood out, but I was careful around the area that the source of the blood was coming from.

I put the conditioner in my hair, and grabbed a clean washcloth. I put body wash on the cloth, and started to scrub my body.

I heard a knock on the door, then a voice. "I'm coming in."

"Okay."

I heard someone open and close the door. "I brought some clothes like I said I would."

"Mhm?"

"That's all."

"K."

I continued washing off, waiting for him to leave.

"Are you gonna go?" I started.

"Yeah, just- be quick. Once your parents wake up and you eat breakfast, we are on the road."

"Got it, please leave now."

"Alright! Fine. Why in a rush?"

"You literally just- Corin, please leave me alone."

"K, love you."

"I know."

"Do you love me back?" He questioned.

I felt my face burn as anger started to fill me. I took a deep breath, and then continued.

"Corin, leave."

"Tulip. Do you-"

"No." I stuttered.

"What?"

"I said no."

"No?" I could hear his smirk in his voice.

"No. I don't love you. Nobody does."

"You'll regret that, Juniper."

"At least I'm not a toxic, manipulative pr*ck." I stammered.

He chuckled, then left the bathroom.

I finally released the breath I never realized I was holding, and finished washing my hair and body.

I opened the curtains and got out of the shower, grabbing the towel that was hanging on the wall.

————————————————————-