♧⃘ thirty-seven ♧⃘

Lily and George were back at midnight. I waited, sitting on Lily's bed as my night routine usually unrolled.

I tried to sleep after talking with Nephitie, but so much was flooding in my mind that after about an hour I gave up.

I started to observe Lily's room. I haven't seen much of it despite of all the hours I spent in here every night.

The walls were purple--I knew this already. And the carpet was a light pink. I knew that too.

Her bed had many pillows on it; some soft and fluffy, some that were more there for some decor than comfort.

She had a tan sofa which someone could sleep on, but not big enough for two. A small wooden bookshelf was stood beside it.

Her window curtain was white with purple, pink, and blue flowers decorated on it, and it was swaying from the air coming from the outside.

I walked up to the open window and stared.

It was still raining. There was a tree right outside the window, and I absentmindedly reached my hand out to touch it. Water was sliding off of the silky greens, in a hurried race just to be dropped down to the ground and be erased. It was a calming sight for my troubled and restless eyes, and in my mind I thank the droplets for their music, because the sound of the rain helped clear my mind as well.

I reached my hand out of the window to feel the leaves. They were soft but the water was cold. I didn't mind, all I wanted was an escape from my thoughts.

But something always had to come up.

1 notification
Imessage
Cate!: good news and bad news.

A short huff escaped my mouth. I walked over to the bed and layed down. The phone light blinded me as I failed to turn the brightness down.

Cate!

good news and bad news.

wtf happened

shocker
you're actually awake

are you actually surprised?

no !

oh

so

so

your parents left

phew are you okay

they insisted to stay a night at my house because they "didn't believe me".

awe they really care for me huh ❤️

i guess !!!
and so you know they left
that's the good news

right right yes

so the bad news.

uh oh
seen 1 minute ago

seen 5 minutes ago

seen 10 minutes ago

hey
you good?
seen

Incoming Call
Cate!