♧⃘ thirty-five ♧⃘

I passed Lily inside her house, and I immediately got the soft aroma of lavender feeling.

I felt a hand softly grab my shoulder, and I turned my head to see who it was. "You're safe here." Lily sempathized.

"Thank you." I whispered in response.

We all were sat at the table. Nephitie had found Uno and started laying out the cards.

"I want to play dominos." Tommy whined.

"Nobody wants to play dominos with you, Tommy." Nephie rolled his eyes and then stuck out their tongue, passing out the last of the cards.

"I'll play with you. I don't really like Uno anyways." I shrugged. I've never actually played Uno, I just didn't want to tell anyone that because everyone else had played before.

"Really?" The blonde smiled, his eyes perking up.

"Yeah! I'll go uh- find them."

I got up from my seat. If I'm being honest, after we got to Lily's house everything had been a blur. Well, felt like one. I hadn't been able to pay attention for long periods of time, and I was just sucked back into the memories of the events that took place the past week.

And in this situation, that was probably expected. But I felt bad. This is the first most of us has met Lily, including me, and I was barely even there mentally.

But it could be worse.

I shrugged it off. "Hey Lily," I shouted across the house after walking to a random spot, "where are the dominos?"

"Loud-mouth." The blonde boy said behind me, making me jump. "I'll find them for you, I found them earlier."

"Oh." I shrugged. "Okay."

I watched as Tommy walked off into another room, and I stood against the wall as I waited.

a/n; guys this is so random but the serotonin im experiencing right now since i haven't wrote this story in literal months is so nastolgic and excited oh my gosh <3333

Finally, Tommy walked back out to the room holding  Care Bear dominos.

"Care Bears? You want to play with Care Bear dominos?" I teased him. "Alright, I'm down."

We walked into the center of the living room and opened up the box. "I wonder if Lily and George ever played with these."

"That'd be adorable. Definitely something people in love would do." I smiled at the thought, then realized what I said. "I mean- we're not in love." I looked at him, my face obviously turning red.

"I mean, everyone ships us. Hypothetically, we are in love. Just against our will, and we are only in love in other's minds."

"Not canon."

"Canon in Clay's imagination."

"And Niki and Nephies."

"Niki ships us?!"

"Yes. I felt betrayed when I found out." We snickered, and then I pulled the box closer to me and poured all the dominos out. "So, any shape in mind?"

"Oh, I've got a great idea up my sleeve, Miss Junip."

"Hm? Spill."

"So, how is this going to work?" I sighed after looking at the finished product.

"We need to add a line at the top so it'll actually do the little thing that dominos do."

"Collapse?"

"Yeah."

"That looks so wrong."

"The whole thing is a masterpeice, you're delusional."

"It's a p*nis. With, may I add, a line coming out from it." I pointed to the domino creation.

"It's pee-peeing."

"Very mature! 10 out of 10, would recommend."

"You do the honors?"

"Oh, I'd love to destroy it." I rubbed my hands together, and then cracked my fingers. "Count me down."

"3... 2..." Tommy counted me down, staring at it. "1."

I flicked the top line, and we watched as each domino hit eachother and knocked eachother down.

"Lily! Hey, can we talk?" I creaked open Lily's bedroom door and whispered.

"Yeah, of course we can. What's up?" I walked in and closed the door behind me, sitting on her bed with her.

"I wanted to apologize. I hadn't spoke a lot today, and I really wanted to get to know you, I just- I don't know what happened."

"Hey, hey, no worries! It's alright, Niki had told me what happened and your absence is understandable." Lily sympathized. "Speaking of what happened, I'm always here to talk."

"Well, I really need someone to talk to. Can I trust you to keep a secret?"

"I don't have any desire to tell a soul about someone else's business." She patted the side of the bed beside her, and I crawled over and tucked in.

"So, uh, my best friend Cate. When I was on the plane, she texted me. Well, we were already texting. But she told me my parents had showed up to her house. She knows some of what happened, but not the whole story in detail you know? Anyways, she said she would act like she didn't have a clue, but I'm really nervous."

"Hey, it'll be alright. Is Cate a good liar?"

"She's a great liar, as long as she knows how much important it is to keep the truth hidden." I noted.

"Then I'm sure both you and Cate will be okay. And if not, Cate will tell you and we are all here to help."

Me and Lily talked a bit more. About her and George (who both deny any romantic relationship related things including them), my situation, and just about our lives.

Me and Lily came closer within the next few days, and I came to the decision that she's probably the most theraputic person I know. She's always optimistic, but she's also realistic.

Every night, I came to her room just to talk while the others were asleep. One of us always had something to talk about. Though tonight was a special night. I did not know that, of course. Not until Lily confessed.

"I think I like George."

Oh my gosh.

"Romantically?" I squeeled, turning my head in a fast motion to look in her eyes.

"Yeah." The brunette girl gulped, and then looked at me.

"You need to tell him! And before you say anything, I know for a fact he likes you back. He ditched me and Tommy to come visit you, without any warning."

"He did?" She laughed and shook her head. "But how would I tell him?"

"Have you never confessed to someone?" It was a genuine question, but I didn't expect Lily to say no.

"Not really.."

"Woah. This'll be fun. It's getting late, but tomorrow we have some planning to do." I finished.

"Couldn't I just... not tell him?"

"Nope!"

a/n; THATS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!
im genuinely so sorry for my writers block. i'll try my best to find time to write but also with school it's hard. but i hope you enjoyed this short chapter :) thank you all for 30k reads as well! that is mindblowing, im so proud of how far we've come. :")
i love you all so so much <33333