♧⃘ thirty-four ♧⃘

"The plane will be landing in approximately 15 minutes. Please keep seated until notified otherwise." A voice ordered over the speakers.

I still haven't slept at all, but I stopped listening to just music a while ago and moved to a movie.

I decided on "Captain America", wanting to rewatch the Marvel movies. Tommy had fallen asleep; I decided on not waking him yet.

Niki had brought gum for the ride, and I was super greatful for that hence the fact that my ears popped really easily.

I couldn't decide if the plane ride seemed longer or shorter than it really was. But that doesn't matter.

Because I'm meeting Lily.

I started to pack up my things such as my headphones, pillow (though I never used it), and I put my phone in my pocket deciding I was just going to relax before the plane lands. I needed some time to process everything since I was all caught up thinking about other things for the last few hours.

I looked around and the gum wrapper from the gum I had caught my eye. I picked it up from the seat arm rest and flattened it out.

I started to fold two sides, and then rotated it and folded in the edges. I started to zone out but my hands kept folding the paper.

I wonder if Wilbur or Niki even warned George that we were coming..

A surprise is always fun, though-

"Is that a heart?" A raspy voice whispered from beside me. I looked down at what I done with the wrapper.

"Yeah," I smiled, "do you want it? I was just bored, so-"

Tommy smiled in response, and he slowly grabbed the gum wrapper heart and admired it. He kept flipping it over and over, then he put it carefully in his pocket, still smiling.

His hair was messy from his nap, and his eyes were still, as I noticed, barely open. "Thanks, Ip." He yawned softly, blinking lightly.

I smiled then as well, and lowered my head to stare down at my lap. I heard more people on the plane shuffling their things packing it up as well. A sigh left my mouth and I threw my head back.

"What's your favorite color?" He questioned. He started to pack up his stuff as well.

"I feel like you've asked this before."

"Mmm, I don't think so. Might've asked your mom, but-"

"It's green, idiot." I laughed, my eyes opening a bit more and catching his.

"Green?" He cleared his throat and opened up a notebook.

"No, black. Hashtag, they bully me 'cause I'm emo." I rolled my eyes, and looked out of the plane window.

It was probably around 3 AM, and my eyes started to hurt hours ago. Tommy got me into the habit of actually sleeping, d*mn it.

"5 minutes till the plane lands. We will be reaching a bit of turbulence, but this is normal when landing. Make sure--" I zoned out the voice. I knew how planes went, I didn't need to have the 'keep your seatbelt on until landed' and such talk anymore.

"I wonder how long it'll take to get to our final destination this time." Me, and probably Tommy, heard Nephitie scoff jokingly.

"I hope soon." I rubbed my eyes, and then looked back at Tommy who silently agreed.

The silence remained for a little bit. There were surrounding sounds like the zipping of bags or purses, a bit of coughing, and my head started to ache.