♧⃘ thirty-one ♧⃘

9k reads WHAT?
turn back timeeee

Slight angst maybe?

The most of my birthday I spent sleeping, which isn't a surprise because that's what I usually do.

But now we have been driving for yet another day, and I don't think I can handle not knowing where I am being taken much longer.

I don't think I'll have to though.

"Alright, we're almost where we can start leaving but we need to make one stop." Wilbur said, looking up from his phone.

"Start leaving?" I blurted. "Have we not started leaving yet?"

"No, Ip's right." The English child agreed.

"That nickname is still so confusing."

"I like it. It's cute." Nephitie stated.

"Yeah, well you also think I like Juniper, so..."

"Pardon-" I coughed. What did he just say?

At this point, Nephie was already laughing, and so was Wilbur and Niki.

"Sh*t."

"Well speaking of sh*t," Wilbur snickered, "I need to do so. And gladly, there's a gas station up the road. Does anybody else need to go?"

"That was so strange, but no thanks." I cackled.

"I do!" Nephie and Tommy exclaimed at the same time.

"I'll stay in the car with Juniper then." Niki smiled.

After about 30 seconds, Tommy, Wil, and Nephie got out of the car leaving me and Niki.

"Are you sure you don't like Tommy?"

What the f*ck.

"Niki," I breathed, "I do not like Tommy."

"Alright, just checking, just checking." She teased. "But... if you ever change your mind, I'm here to talk."

I grumbled, and then got my airpods out to play some music. "Thanks Niki."

She nodded, and I went to my spotify playlist.

I scrolled through my playlists. I didn't really feel like listening to music right now, but I needed a way to escape.

I liked him. He was my best friend.

What happened to him?

What did I do?

Nothing. You did nothing.

It's all his fault.

Did I do something?

No.

Then why the f*ck is he like this?

Somethings messed up in his brain or something.

He would've told me if something was wrong.

But he didn't.

Exactly, so what happened?

It happened so quickly. He's just a stranger now. A stranger of past. A stranger in the body of someone I once knew. A stranger who I know do not care for.

Yet I spend all this time thinking about him. For what? To forgive him? There's no forgiving needed.

I took the headphones out of my ears. "Talk to me, Niki."