1.8

a/n : tfaws bucky barnes is, in fact, the love of my life

please react, comment, and vote!

✯✯✯

NOW, SPENCER IS SITTING IN A SPARE CLASSROOM.

And the door's locked.

She thinks it is, anyway. She did just beat the shit out of Charles' best friend or whatever, so in all fairness, the locked door is totally fair.

Spencer hasn't seen anyone in 1 hour and 13 minutes. She was dragged out of the interrogation room by Clint, her skin still tinted green as he took her out into the hall, demanding that she'd calm down.

And she did. It was easy... like a switch. One minute she's beating Raven half to death and the next, she's sitting, calmly, at an empty desk of a school basement.

Pietro tries to check on her. Really, he does - and Spencer knows he does. She can hear him and Clint arguing in the hallway, and then him and Wanda arguing out there, too.

But no one in the hallway, now. Clint or Wanda must've dragged Pietro out of there because Spencer can't hear his voice anymore.

So now she's in this classroom. Sitting at a student desk. Feeling like a child. Like a prisoner.

For the last hour, Spencer has been trying hard not to look at her knuckles. Or her jeans. The blood had less of an effect on her when the adrenaline was shooting through her arteries, but now? The crimson will make her puke. Or cry. Or come to terms with the fact that she, for the first time ever, was so close to killing someone.

(But wasn't it the first time? She's still got all those repressed memories from HYDRA control. Maybe she has killed someone. Maybe that's why it doesn't bother her that much.)

There are footsteps in the hall now. Spencer's eyes tear away from the whiteboard writings of algebra over to where the doorknob is twisting, and opening.

Clint.

It's a relief. Initially, Spencer thought it was going to be Bruce. Or her mom. Well, less her mom and more Bruce - who definitely would not be pleased by the outburst. With Nicole's recent comments, she probably would've cheered Spencer on.