End and Beginning

AN: I don't own anything besides the OCs. Overlord is owned by Enterbrain, Kugane Maruyama, and the anime is owned by Funimation and Kadokawa Pictures Inc. RWBY is owned by Rooster Teeth and Monty Oum (RIP). Please support the official releases.

I was originally going to have pictures in this but decided against it simply because it'll be too much effort to find every single scene from the episode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights begin to dim as the screen begins to play.

The screen turns black as a text that says "Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" appears.

"Wait, so we're going to watch a video game?" Ruby asked.

"Only the first few minutes, and then the real fun begins~" Sid replies with aspiration in his voice.

"Dive Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Gamer, or DMMO-RPG for short." A voice on the screen explains.

"Wait, that's-"

"Hey, its fearless leader's voice!" Nora exclaims while standing on her chair, half-eaten pancake on a fork pointing at the screen.

"Ms. Valkyrie, please do behave!" The blond disciplinarian cries out.

"Doesn't Jaune sound a bit off in this one?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, he sounds older." Ruby said.

Jaune agrees with the red reaper's comment. Is that how he'll sound like when he's older? He likes it.

"Its a type of game where you can immerse yourself in an imaginary world as if you are in it. Such as YGGDRASIL." The older Jaune explains.

Ozpin turns to Sid. "That's the game Mr. Arc is playing?"

"Yep. The game itself is quite unique, but I think we should let Jaune do the talking." Sid gestures at the screen.

"Released in the year 2126, the game sported an expansive world map and an unusually high degree of player freedom. These features along with many others made it stand out among other DMMO-RPGs. It became the most wildly popular game in Remnant." The blond knight on screen states. 

"Wait, this takes place in the future?" Jaune asked.

"Of course. You think present-day Remnant is advanced enough to create an RPG like this?" Sid said.

Salem rolls her eyes. As if Remnant will have a future.

"Question, what are the features?" Blake asked.

"To put it simply, the game lets players feel and experience the game as if they are in it."

"How is that possible?" Ironwood asked. Arthur was also curious.

"The games requires an exclusive console to play, which records activity logs every week." Sid points to his head. "Players would wear helmets alongside a special chair that connects their brains into the game itself. Though the games is a full virtual experience, it doesn't provide a sense of taste or smell and has a limited sense of touch though characters did have status debuffs like hunger or thirst." He explained. "Due to a lack of technology when the game was developed, however, facial expressions and artificial intelligence are not supported though NPC could still move and interact through certain commands."

Everyone was amazed. The kids/teens were mesmerized by the explanation and wanted to experience it for themselves. The adults meanwhile, wanted to get their hands on the technology and study or if you're an egotistic scientist or a jackass wanted to use it for themselves.