Chapter 9 🔪 Fists Flying

A/N: I'm so sorry guys. :( I didn't mean to leave you alone for close to two weeks. But, in my defense, I did warn you. Band Camp started this last Monday. 8 hours of marching in the hot sun and playing the flute in a school that has no air conditioning tires you out both physically and mentally. Every day when I came home, I just wanted to read and relax. I wasn't in the right mindset to update Camilla's story. 

Plus, the Olympics were on, and I couldn't miss those. The USA and China are tied for most Olympic medals (as of July 31). Who do you think will pull ahead? And who are you rooting for? I'm on Team USA, nothing against China, just, I live here, so....

Anyways, you're probably wondering what this image is for. I want to start a third Divergent fanfiction, and I have a lot of ideas. I picked the best three, designed covers for them, slapped together this banner, and now I'm asking you which one you want me to do. I think I'm going to do all of these eventually, so I should actually ask, Which one do you want me to do first?

I know that a cover probably isn't enough for you to decide, so I'm going to provide a short synopsis of each story at the end of this chapter. Please comment and choose which one you like best!

Now, here's Chapter 9!

"Today is the first day of fights. There are eight of you, so everybody will fight." Tobias steps away from the board so we can see our matchups. I'm against Aiden, the male Erudite transfer.

I glance over at him. He's wearing a frown, but doesn't look too concerned. Because I'm just a tall, skinny Abnegation, right? I think mockingly. He is tall, a few inches taller than me, and round.

I'm brought out of my strategic reverie by Lavender's apprehensive voice. "Uh-oh, look who I'm up against."

I scan the board for her name, and my heart nearly stops when I find it next to Zayden's.

"They put you up against him?" Ethan cries angrily, his words mirroring my thoughts exactly. "No offense, Lav, but he'll shatter you. What is wrong with Four?"

Lav? I want to interrogate her on the nickname, but I decide to wait until after the fights. We all need to focus. I can't help but feel slightly irritated at Ethan's words for my brother.

"I don't think Four would pair them up." I say as calmly as possible. "He's usually fair. It was probably Eric who made the pairs today."

Lavender sighs. "None taken, Ethan. You're right, Zayden is a lot better at fighting than I am. And you're probably correct too, Cammi. It smells a lot more like an Eric move than a Four move."

"Don't give up!" I encourage her. "Take him by surprise. Imagine the look on his face when you sweep his feet out from under him!"

We all laugh at that. When it subsides, after a few seconds, Julia continues what I was saying. "Cammi's right. Don't go down without a fight. Besides, if that bitch decides to pummel you, I'll ruin him when we fight."

The three of us look at her in surprise. "You?" Ethan asks skeptically.

Julia grins mysteriously. "There's a lot you don't know about me yet."

"Ethan, Sadie, in the ring!" Tobias calls out. Ethan starts walking towards the center of the room, and, with a little wave towards us, steps in the ring. Sadie, the other Erudite girl with dirty blonde hair, looks nervous as she joins him.

Ethan and Sadie start circling each other, their hands up to protect their faces. Ethan is taller and broader than Sadie. Plus, he looks more confident, but not overconfident. Sadie, on the other hand, looks like she's facing a monster. Her pupils are dilated, and I can make out her hands shaking. Unless Sadie can pull herself together, move quickly and pull some surprises, this fight looks like it has a winner.