𝗔 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗽 𝗜𝘀 𝗔𝗹𝗹

Dalvin's POV cont.

"Hey, what time is it Dal?", Yvette asked me. I looked at my phone and the time. "Uh..it's 1:45 pm now.", I said. "Okay, I think we're done with the light poles. Let's head to the grocery store and then get something to eat. I'm kinda hungry. What about you?', Yvette asked me. "Yeah, I can eat. I haven't eaten all day.", I said.

*Forty-five minutes later*

Yvette parked her car in the grocery parking lot. Lucky, we were literally in front of the doors so don't have to walk so far when we come out just in case we buy a lot of food there. 

"Alright...let's go ahead and start posting these flyers.", Yvette said as we were walking inside the grocery store.

...

Zane's POV

I've decided to go inside the grocery store and grab some food for me and my puppy. Yesterday, my brother, Jabari went for him and his pet so i just followed suit. As I was walking inside the grocery store, I began checking my phone to make sure that I don't forget anything.

*thirty-five minutes later*

As I was in the produce section getting some vegetables and fruits until I felt something poke me on my back causing me turn around. 

"Excuse me sir, have you seen these two women?", a woman asked me while showing me a flyer. I grabbed the flyer and looked at these pictures of the women and my heart to my stomach. I froze.

Why is my puppy and my brother's bunny on these flyers???

I looked at the top of the flyer and it says "Have you seen us?"

"Umm...sir? Sir? Have you seen them?", the woman asked me again. 

Before I could even answer the question, I saw a man walking towards us. Oh my god. I need to get out of this store quickly. 

The man came closer to us and I recognised him. He's the one I had shot first when we were getting the girls. Dalvin. Shit! If he recognizes me, I'll be screwed. I just need to calm down and breathe. If I can do that, I can think of something.

...

Dalvin's POV

After I got done putting the flyers on the missing persons posterboard, I noticed that Yvette was gone. "She must've started giving people flyers or started shopping.", I said to myself. "Let me go ahead and find her.", I said.

After going through the wine, kitchen, women's & men's section, I couldn't find her. Maybe she's on the bakery or produce section.

I went to bakery and still no sight of her.

I finally made to the produce section and saw Yvette with a tall man. She must be asking people then.

I tapped on Yvette's shoulders to let her know that it's me.

...

Zane's POV

I opened my mouth to answer the woman's question but Dalvin said something to me. 

"Hey, don't I know from someone? I feel like I've seen you before.", he said tapping me on shoulder. "Uhh..a lot of people say that about me. I travel around the world so you may seen me before.", I said anxiously.  I quickly turned around said, "And no I haven't seen them. Sorry. Hope you can find them."

"Hey...didn't I see you at a hospital or something?", Dalvin asked me causing me to abruptly turn around.

Fuck.

I squinted my eyes and looked at him. "Umm...I don't know. If you have, I'm sorry I don't remember.", I said. "Yvette...look at him. Doesn't he look familiar?", he asked the woman. They both kept looking at me.

Shit shit shit shit.

"Oh my God! I do know you! You're Mr. Morte. Zhen's teacher for when she was having temporary brain damage. I'm Yvette. Zhen's mother, remember?", the woman said.

"Ohhh, Mrs. Yvette. Yes, I remember. How are you?", I said fasely remembering. "I'm fine. Zhen and our younger cousin have been missing for a year now. We need help finding them.", she said.

I couldn't think of anything to say quickly.

"Do you have any idea who might've been the one who kidnapped them?", Dalvin asked me.

I shook my head no. They both sighed.

"Well...it was nice catching up with you. I'll contact the numbers on the flyer if I see them. I really hope you can find them.", I said. I turned my back to them and walked away from them.

I quickly shopped for the groceries that were needed at the house and paid for them. After that paying and placing the groceries in my car, I hurriedly started my car. I looked behind me to see if anyone or any car were behind me, and I heard a loud knock on my window. The knocking was so loud, it practically scared me and made me jump out of shock.

I turned my head to see who was knocking on my window and it was Dalvin.

I rolled my window down and looked up at him. "Yes?", I said. 

He was panting loudly. I'm guessing he must've ran towards my car or saw me walking to my car and followed me. 

"I'm sorry. I know this might look weird but I was trying to get your attention but you kept walking very fast.", he said catching his breath. I nodded my head.

"You forgot this.", Dalvin said handing me something in my hand. It was two bags of groceries. I grabbed the bags and placed them on the passenger seat near me.

"Thank you so much.", I said.

"No problem. Drive safe, Mr. Morte.", he said.

I nodded my head and rolled my window up.

I backed out out of my parking spot and my thoughts were just loud.

"Oh my fucking god. What if he knows I have another identity?"

"What if he knows myv name's not Mr. Morte?"

"What if he's following behind me right now? Would I know he is?"

To be continued...