𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚

February 13, 2022

2:13 pm

Devante's POV

I woke up feeling empty. As I stretched my body, I looked on the left side of my bed and it was still fucking empty. There was no warmth, no body print, no sweet scent...nothing there. It was just an empty space in my bed.

After I stretched, I got up and just showered. I heard my phone ring but I did not answer. Yall...I feel like my mental has just been on auto pilot. Like I'm here but not here at the same time? I know somebody out there understands me. Anyways, I washed my body and hair slowly just to let the water really hit me so I could actually feel the water.

After I got out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a brown towel, grabbed my phone and checked anything I missed. 

"Damn 43 missed calls? Who the fuck was calling me?", I said confused. I tapped on the calls and it was my main contacts: Dalvin, Yvette, Momma, Fu, and even Dy.

What the fuck happened for them to call me???

I called Dalvin first because he called me 7 times. The first time I got no response. The second time was still the same. So I texted him.

My iMessages w/Dalvin

Me: Aye Dal, I just seen yall missed calls. I was sleep all day yesterday. I called twice. Call me back if you can.

Next, I called my momma because she called 14 times. As soon as the line ringed, I heard a voice. 

"Hello?", I said. "Donald?", my momma said. "Yes ma'am.", I said. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED ANYBODY BACK BOY?", she yelled in my ear. "I was sleep momma! I was working with Ms. Patti LaBelle all day and I was really tired. She wanted me to be at her studio at 4am in the morning. I didn't want to say no to her.", I explained.

"Why didn't you let anyone know?", she asked. "She wanted to be old school with the business so that meant not being on my phone. She couldn't be on her phone either.", I explained some more. "Well everybody's been calling you because they want all of us to do an interview and they need your approval.", she said.

"Who's they? And who wants to interview us?", I asked in a serious tone. "The Oregon Police Department and their sheriff. They also want us to spread word again about the girls again.", she said. 

I went silent for a minute. I sighed. "I approve of it. I'll do it.", I said. "You sure baby? You don't have to do it if you don't want to.", she said. "Yeah, I'm sure.", I said. "When do we have to do it?", I asked. "They said we can do it some time this week before the 19th.", she said.

"When's the 19th?", I asked. "Saturday.", she said. "We can do this Wednesday...the 16th.", I said. "Okay. I'll tell everybody else. You have good day, you hear?", she said. "Yes ma'am, I will.", I respond back. "Alright. Bye Donald.", she said. "Bye momma.", I said.

The call ended.

After our call ended, I texted everyone else that had called me which was basically Yvette, Fu and Dy. I let them know that I was asleep all of yesterday and I was really busy yesterday. 

Then, I grabbed some random clothes and some briefs and dropped them on the bed. I looked at myself in the mirror and was still feeling empty. 

"It's really been..or about to be two years huh? This shit is really killing me. I hate to say it but I'm slowly starting to even forget how you even look now. I thought I was finally gonna have a happily ever after with you. I still have the ring with me just in case you forgot. I don't even know why I bother at this point. I don't even know...if you still here or not. I wanna keep believing and thinking that you are but it's getting harder and harder everyday.", I said to myself while still looking in the mirror and messing with my chain.

"Well, I gotta go again. We'll keep trying to find you & K. I'll make sure that I'll eat and drink more water today. I don't want you getting worried about me getting too thin and looking crazy. I cut my hair too. I'm going back natural too, forgot to tell you that. Dyana said I got a TWA? Do you know what that means because I don't. But yeah, I'm bout to leave in a few minutes. Just gotta put my clothes on. Yeah....that's it.", I said to my reflection.

I stayed silent and put my clothes on. I grabbed my keys and ate a little small breakfast to get some energy. "I'm gone baby. I'll see you when I come back. I'll be safe.", I said out loud as I opened my door. I sighed and nodded my hair and went out the door.

Today's just another silent and terrible day.