Us chilling

So now we have Dyana and Devante free from the hospital. They're really happy to just be at home and seeing the rest of the family. Let's see how everything is with them.

...

Devante's POV.

We finally made it back to my fucking house. I'm finally out of them ugly ass gowns and eating that nasty ass food they kept giving us. "Grandaddy!", a little kid said. I was hearing some little footsteps from my kitchen to where I was, which was the living room. 

A couple of footsteps later I saw my grandson, Mase. "I missed you, grandad!", Mase said. "Hey, little man. I missed you too.", I said. "Where's Journey?", I asked Mase. "I think she's upstairs.", he said. Yeah, my house is bigger than I make it. 

"You wanna surprise Journey?", I asked him. "Yeah. Let's do it.", Mase said. So me and Mase ran up the upstairs. I know I wasn't able to do the right thing as a parent fully due to fame and other complications but I desperately want to be a good granddad to my grandkids. It'll make me feel better about myself from my past decisions and actions.

We made it upstairs. Mase knocked on the door three times. "Journey! Open the door.", Mase yelled. "Hold on. I'm changing.", Journey yelled. "No, you're not. You said a long time ago.", Mase said. "I am changing for real this time!", Journey yelled. 

"I don't care. I'm still coming in.", Mase said. "On the count of three, I'll open the door.", I whispered to Mase. Mase nodded his head. "One...two...three.", I counted fast. After three, we both opened the door. Journey screamed once the door was open.

She wasn't changing her clothes. She was putting on makeup and...it wasn't done right either. "You told a story Journey! You just painting your face!", Mase said. Journey turned around and was about to say something until she saw me. "Granddaddy!", Journey screamed. She ran to me and hugged me tightly.

"Hey, Journey. I missed you.", I said while picking her up, hugging her tighter. "I missed you too. Tete Dyana called me yesterday saying you gave her a gift.", she said. "Yeah, I gave her a gift. You wanna know what it was?", I asked her while still holding her. "A bear?", Journey said. "No, I gave her one of my kidneys. The doctors said she needed one, so I gave her one of mines.", I told her.

"Ew. Isn't that in your mouth?", she asked me. "Huh?", I said. "No dummy. It's in his stomach.", Mase said. "Not in my stomach.", I said putting Journey down. "Everybody's kidneys are right here.", I said while rubbing below my chest. "Ohhhhh.", Mase and Journey said in unison.

"POPS! Somebody's calling you!", my son, Justin yelled. "I'm coming! Come on yall.", I said. All three of us ran down downstairs and Justin passed me my phone. "Hello?", I said. "Is this Devante Swing?", a lady asked. "Depends on what you bringing to the table.", I said.

The lady chuckled. "I have an opportunity for you and from what I heard..you know how to make magic.", the lady said. "It's not magic. Just good music.", I said humbly. "That's very humble of you but let's keep a thousand and one. You make the type of music that makes everyone want to duplicate and run with it.", she said. "Thank you but it's not just me doing it. I don't mean to sound rude or nothing like that but who are you?", I asked.

"Oh silly. How rude of me. I forgot to say who I am. My name's Kelly Viper. I'm Jay-Z, Beyonce, and Ciara's music manager from Def Jam Records. I've been getting so much talk about you in the underground music scene so a couple of birdies gave me some help and here we are.", she said.

Def Jam Records? Damn. It must be that serious. "Hello?", Kelly said. "Yes.", I said. "I'm sorry. My phone's acting crazy. I was asking if you were willing and free on January 2nd of the new year?", Kelly asked. "No disrespect but that's pretty damn specific and for what?", I said.