4. starfallbucks

synopsis: your friends think its time for you to meet someone. you're introduced to a grumpy barista, who is actually full of surprises. 

-

so.. it was safe to say that after an entire week of living under the same ceiling as diluc ragnvindr, you were getting used to his little shenanigans, and by shenanigans, you meant his strange, strange behaviors. 

and you meant STRANGE. 

most of the time, he would do nothing but glare at you from his side of the room when you were simply just.. existing. it was extremely hard to not notice, and it felt like he was murdering you with his eyes.

exhibit a. 

"can you.. stop that! i'm trying to study," you'd pointed out one evening, motioning towards the open book in your hands. he only furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, as if he didn't know that he had been glaring at you the entire time. 

"stop what?" diluc asked, blinking emotionlessly. you sighed and leaned your head against your headboard. 

"nothing.. just.. could you turn the other way? you're distracting me." 

"i'm distracting you?" 

"YES! NOW TURN!" 

perhaps you'd been a little too harsh on him.. he ended up obliging anyways, though, and you ended up scoring a fat b minus on that test. meh.. good enough! 

and now.. onto exhibit b. 

just a day ago, you'd woken up from your slumber to see diluc absent from his bed. this kind of worried you, for... normal roommate reasons... so you got up to check where he was since the bathroom door was wide open. clearly, he wasn't in there, and the living room was empty, too, so.. 

the kitchen! 

you rubbed your eyes sleepily as you marched straight into the next room, your duck slippers making a squeaking noise every time you took a step. you could thank keqing for those.. they'd been your last birthday present. 

as your hand blindly looked around for the light, you finally felt a switch hit your finger. you flicked it on.. and immediately wished that you hadn't even touched the light in the first place.

your face remained expressionless as you witnessed diluc standing in front of the fridge, a juice box in his hands.  

the sight would've made you laugh during the day, but it was so eery at night. 

"oh.. hey." he'd said, turning towards you. 

you widened your eyes in fear, as this was the second time that you were witnessing him shirtless. though you couldn't lie to yourself and say that he didn't look attractive even at the ass crack of dawn, you screeched and covered your eyes. 

"can you not walk around like that?!" you exclaimed with blushed cheeks, quickly flipping the light back off while he did nothing but stare at you like a lost puppy, "also, what the hell? it's 5 am!" 

these were only SOME of diluc's odd behaviors, but you couldn't say that you didn't have weird ones either. you'd practically been named the weirdo of english ever since you read that stupid text out loud, the one you had scolded ganyu and keqing for since they absolutely loved to joke around like that from time to time. it was so ridiculous. 

"i think you need to get laid.. seriously. you've been so grumpy ever since you got elmo assigned to you as your roommate.." keqing said, sipping her expresso while ganyu nodded in agreement. 

the three of you were currently sitting at starfallbucks; you were supposed to be studying, but the convo had drifted towards dating, and romance, and yadayadayada..