14. guoba's spooky halloween party

synopsis: halloween's just around the corner, and a freshman knows exactly how to celebrate it! a game of spin the bottle is suggested by your arch nemesis. 

-

at least a month had passed since you started working at the tavern with diluc, and not much had changed, honestly. if anything, you had more problems than you'd started out with. it was infuriating, but you were glad that you were surrounded by kindhearted people to get you through it.

your feelings for your roommate? yeah, they had grown much more problematic; so problematic that you'd even decided to hesitantly cancel on that one "date" that the two of you were going to go to. now that you thought about your impulsive decision making, you wanted to slap yourself across the head. you could've just played it cool, but you were too afraid something would happen!

diluc hadn't seemed to mind with your random change of choice, which wasn't very surprising since you were expecting such a reaction. he didn't even ask you why not; he just kind of nodded and went along with it, before saying that you could use the money to order fried chicken at 12 am again. you accepted it, just because you were mad at yourself, and tried not to think about it too much again.

you'd missed a chance to go on a date with diluc, gods you were such an idiot.

"earth to y/n..? YOOHOO—"

"oh shut it you little alcoholic monkey!" you snapped, shoving your bagel into venti's mouth while he blinked at you once, and then twice. he then burst out laughing, smacking your shoulder playfully as if the two of you had been the best of friends since birth. your eye twitched.

you were currently sitting at a restaurant eating ramen with your friends, ganyu and keqing after a seriously long time due to work and school stress. venti seemed to appear the same moment that you had and insisted on tagging along. you were growing impatient.. very impatient. is this how diluc felt every day of his life!?

"are you always this loud?" ganyu asked, chewing on an egg roll before glancing at the boy who grinned.

"yup! im the loudest!" he chirped with pride, picking up his chopsticks to continue to eat his own food.

you, on the other hand, pushed your half eaten meal away, feeling a little full from just your thoughts.

venti cleared his throat, "sooooo.. you guys should come to xiangli— i mean... GUOBAS halloween party this sunday. she told me to spread the news, and i almost would have forgotten about it if it wasn't for that man dressed as a pumpkin over there!" the boy said, pointing at the man who was eating ramen whilst fully dressed as a pumpkin. he was in the halloween spirit, truly.

your eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"who the hell is guoba? oh, wait! isn't that her pet dog?" you asked, scratching your head before earning a smack on the shoulder from keqing.

"guoba is not a dog, you uncultured swine! guoba's her bear that talks!"

"..so like ted?"

"no, i mean.. he doesn't really talk, he more like mumbles and xiangling pretends that she understands.. yeah." your friend blabbered almost knocking over her glass of water due to her rapid hand movements.

you pursed your lips.

"who's gonna be there?" ganyu asked a little shyly, before you reassured her with a small smile. ganyu was never the one for parties, ever. the last time she was at one, she would not leave your side. she had practically duct tape herself to you.. literally. she brought duct tape.

"um... everyone! duh! it's only gonna be the biggest party of this year! that's why you guys have to come." venti said, urging the three of you to go.