9. when life gives you a scary little dude..

synopsis: the college has its very first opening event. you finally tell xiao how you feel. you meet someone new, who is.. rather brutal, and rather short. 

-

you grimaced as you fixed the collar of your shirt in the mirror, a familiar red head staring at you from behind. your eyes flickered over towards his perplexed face, before they hesitantly, yet quickly looked away. you swirled around.

"hey, old man. aren't you supposed to be.. i dunno.. getting dressed maybe?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest. right now, you had on a collared shirt, paired with a skirt and a v neck sweater. you wanted to properly present yourself for the school event that would be taking place.

diluc huffed.

"i don't care much for school events," he deadpanned, giving you and your preppy outfit another look before moving over towards his bed. it didn't look like he wanted to go at all, which made you a little upset. "have fun, though."

you wanted him to be there, of course. he was the whole reason you were going to ask xiao about how he felt towards you... it was his dumb idea!

"diluc.. you.. you have to go!" you started, making your way towards him with a frown. the man gave you an incoherent response, and pulled his dark covers over him even more, not even expecting you to jump him, or anything... which you'd done without any second thought, by the way.

you shook him.

"please, please! you have to go! you're the reason ill be asking xiao today so.. you have to be there to support me!" you continued to whine, barely realising the position that you had put yourself in. as diluc uncovered his face from the blanket, he immediately noticed the way that you'd ended up straddling his waist with your thighs in order to shake him out of it. his face went red.

"y-y/n-"

you furrowed your eyebrows and leaned down, a little closer to his flustered face. while you were attempting to figure out just what the hell happened to him, he was about to combust. he was a dude, after all.

"what?"

"why are you.. on top of me.." he managed to speak after a whole moment of just staring up at you in disbelief.

you froze.

how could you have been so.. DENSE!?

you immediately ninja rolled off of his body, and landed straight onto the carpeted floor with a groan and an overly red face that you didn't want to show him at any cost. you heard your roommate heave out a long sigh before he sat up from under the covers.

"sorry i... uh.." you muttered from the ground, rubbing your face in pure embarrassment while the man walked past your fallen form. your head suddenly shot up, "does that mean you're going!?"

"sure.. fine. whatever." was the response you got back, but honestly, that was all you needed. quickly, you jumped up from the floor and made your way towards the kitchen to get something to drink while diluc changed into some appropriate clothing for the event. once he was finished, you noted his white polo, as well as the dark black jeans he wore. on top of this, he sported a coat. you raised an eyebrow.

"this doesn't seem like coat weat—"

"i don't remember asking, miss i sit on people to convince them to go places.."

"I-I DIDNT DO THAT TO CONVINCE YOU!" you exclaimed, then pausing, "wait, are you saying you were convinced by that?" you asked, staring at the once again flustered man with a raised eyebrow. it looked as if he wanted to just disappear from thin air.