27. kareoke club

synopsis: you, your boyfriend, and your friends go out. the truth is finally spoken.. or at least some of the truth.

-

"AND IM ARATAKI, THE ONE, THE ONI-"

you subtly glanced over at diluc, who was busy looking as miserable as ever. yeah, he didnt want to be here, whatsoever, even more so after he had found out about something.. particular. while he was on one side of you, someone else was on the other. nervously, you turned your head, and found scaramouche eyeing the man who was making a grand fool of himself on stage.

he poured himself another glass of soju, and then, caught your gaze.

"what? you want some?" he asked, already beginning to pour the liquid into your glass. you were able to feel diluc tense up.

how you got into this situation?

well, lets start from the beginning.

"ugh, cant believe the break is over. now im back to trying to figure out why the FUCK philosophy exists.." you had muttered one friday afternoon, shutting your laptop with a scowl. you'd just spent at least two hours trying to understand one single concept, all because you needed a stupid credit outside of your major.

"language.." said diluc from the other side of the room, a little engrossed in whatever he was reading himself. you decided to sneak up from behind him with a soft laugh, before wrapping your arms around the seated man's neck, resting your head on his shoulder. he didn't react to this— you randomly touching him every now and then was something he had to say that he was proud he'd gotten used to.

"what are you reading?" you asked, your eyes moving to the pages by themselves. you blinked, once... and then twice...

"why are you reading diary of a wimpy kid—"

diluc raised an eyebrow and lowered the book.

"are you familiar with this book?"

you scratched your head and let go of him to move around the sofa and sit next to him.

"well, yeah, i used to read it all the time as a kid! i liked the little doodles, heh." you said, pointing out some of the illustrations painted upon the page with your pointer finger, a grin plastered across your face.

the man before you nodded his head once, then shut the book.

"i was just indulging myself in some of klee's favourite books. we will be taking care of her this weekend, after all." diluc explained, clearing his throat, "so far, i cannot comprehend as to why any child could admire such... strange characters.." he muttered, while you smiled and shook your head. your boyfriends cluelessness could have been especially adorable, at times. ever since the two of you officially started dating, you liked to introduce him to all of the things that you loved, while he did the same with his interests. one instance had involved painting, and surprisingly, some sneaky hands.

lets just say you were lucky that nobody had caught the two of you in the arts room.

"what'd you read as a kid then?"

"my fathers collection of books in the winery. lets see.. stephen king, jane austen, agatha christie, hell, i even read roald dahl when i was feeling eccentric,"