23. the wedding crashers, part two

synopsis: fontaine seems great so far, and then diluc goes missing. you and your friends finally attend one unforgettable wedding.

-

"wait, wait.. you're telling me that diluc cried because of a disney movie?! AW MAN! THIS IS HILARIOUS!" cried childe as he laughed alongside keqing who had giggled to herself a little while exiting the airport of fontaine. childe's little brother, teucer, was not impressed whatsoever.

the child only glared in the direction of the two and then moved alongside the dark red haired man who had decided to keep his head down to shield his puffy eyes from everybody. you frowned and comfortingly rubbed his arm.

you had completely forgotten about the plot of lion king, and you guessed that the death of the father lion struck a few of dilucs chords.

"if you don't cry at disney movies then... then you're heartless!" teucer declared, linking his arm with dilucs one which caught the man off guard. suddenly, he didn't mind the heathens sibling so much.

keqing rolled her eyes and tugged her purple luggage along.

"pfft, we all know im heartless, already!" she said, while ganyu rubbed her eyes with a soft yawn. she appeared to still be sleepy even though she had napped for most of the plane ride.

"lion king was extremely sad, so shut up you guys!" you finally said, putting an end to the silly argument. kaeya only chuckled at your words, and caught up with you, teucer, and diluc, while the other three trailed from behind.

he then paused, causing you all to stop in place at the sight of the city from afar. it didn't look like much yet, but they were able to tell that they were in the presence of another nation, already.

though it was already dark, and night had clearly fallen, you were still able to note that fontaine's building designs were much more intricate than ones that you had already witnessed. the people on the streets looked as if they had arrived from the 1900's, so the clothing was very much to your liking, but not everyone had the same opinion as you.

"woah, fontaine babes in skirts!" kaeya smirked, while childe caught up with the dark haired man, squinted his eyes in irritation and then covered his little brothers ears.

you rolled your eyes at your best friends unsurprising words.

"stop being so horny, for gods sakes.." ganyu mumbled, letting out a soft yawn, "the fashion here is truly stunning." she quietly commented, pulling along her suitcase. the woman then stopped, right next to kaeya, a with a look of confusion drawn across her gentle features.

"wait, where exactly are we staying?" she asked.

childe gave a proud smile and pulled out his phone, starting to scroll in order to find something specifically.

"well, i booked us a hotel to stay at when i bought the tickets! it has an amazing view," said childe, leading everyone to a taxi driver who had been waiting for the group for at least five minutes.

the short old man slapped a fake smile across his face, and then swiftly helped with everyone's bags before mumbling something about lousy passengers under his breath.

it wasn't a shock that diluc chose to remain close by you, just in case the driver got any ideas. he let the others hop into the vehicle first, and was the last to enter right after you had.

since the car wasn't exactly made to hold seven people properly, you were the one who was squished in between diluc and kaeya, while childe sat next to the driver, and teucer in the middle of ganyu and keqing.