16. hangover soup

synopsis: another hangover to tend to. you and diluc figure out the plans for the day. someone unexpected texts you concering the previous night. 

-

hangovers were nothing like the movies, and that's what diluc had found out the next morning when he had woken up with a headache that made him want to absolutely drive through a brick wall. he was tangled into a blanket, and was laying in a super uncomfortable position for some odd reason...

his eyes slowly moved over towards your sleeping face. so that must be the reason.

without a single care in the world, you were soundly resting next to him, your legs on top of his own. he didn't know how he hadn't noticed you before, but now that he had, he didn't feel like moving from his place. diluc only let out a gentle sigh, and used his fingers to brush away a strand of your hair from your face. even though his head was killing him, you being next to him had made his morning slightly better. now, all he had to do was figure out why the actual fuck he was in your bed to begin with.

he had no recollection of the night before, nor did he want any recollection of it. the only thing he really remembered in fuzzy details was that horrid game that he ended up playing. it had been a terrible decision. a light groan snapped him out of his thoughts.

"eugghhhh, am i dead or something? what time is it?" you asked, stretching your arms over your head before your vision decided to finally focus on the present. a glimpse of red hair was all it took for you to fly out of your bed in panic, causing you to bump your head against the night stand and then fall onto the carpeted ground with another groan, "why.. are you in.. my bed?" you asked, your voice muffled by the soft material against your mouth. you then lifted your head to make sure it was your bed, and once you had, you sat upright, eyeing the man that rubbed his face in thought.

"..i dont exactly remember.."

"oh, thats great!" you began, noticing that the two of you were still wearing last nights costumes, "that's amazing!" you continued, picking yourself up only to remember one specific moment from the night before. you had almost kissed diluc.. actually, you DID kiss diluc.. just not on the lips. an intense blush suddenly spread across your face, and suddenly, you were looking at everything but your roommate. at this, he raised an eyebrow and slid off of your bed.

"are you okay? im sorry if i disrespected any boundaries, or any-"

"NO! no. no boundaries were disrespected, im just.. uh.." you said quickly, feeling around the messy bed for your phone, "im.. i feel like i have a fever.. and a really bad hangover.." you finished, clearing your throat before subtly glancing at his face. even after such a crazy night, he managed to still look perfect.

you watched as diluc's lips pulled upwards into a slight smile, and then he gave you a nod. "well.. let me get changed, and then i'll make us some hangover soup." he said, grabbing some clothes out of his closet, and then heading straight for the bathroom. his idea was to shower first, and leave the cooking adventure for later. kaeya always said he was a terrible chef, but honestly, he thought he was pretty good.

diluc's disappearance left you able to finally throw your face into a pillow and scream for at least a minute and a half. you couldnt believe it. you had KISSED diluc.. and.. kaeya.. and scaramouche. this wasnt good.

it was a relief that scaramouche didnt go to the same college as you, or else things would have been worse.

"hey, do you know where my t-" due to being too busy with screeching, you hadnt noticed that diluc had stepped out of the bathroom for a second, in search of his towel. wordlessly, he blinked, once, and then twice, before grabbing the piece of cloth and then disappearing again. fortunately for you, you couldnt feel embarrassed for yourself anymore, and you were sure that diluc had already grown accustomed to your weirdness, so you just rolled over, and fished out your phone, looking for a group chat that keqing had made with all of the new people you'd met with them.