5. korean bbq

synopsis: keqing is bored, and full of tricks. you attend dinner with your roommate, diluc. 

-

"and after that he lent me his hood so that i wouldn't get wet in the rain.. and he didn't even care if he got wet!" you exclaimed into the phone, listening to keqing laugh on the other end.

"he's down bad for you that much already?"

you frowned and then placed a hand on your hip. you were currently informing your best friend of yesterdays incidents. no way diluc had a crush on you already.. or in general. i mean it was DILUC of all people. it was more likely that you would've gotten hit by a bus than for diluc to have feelings for you.

"no way... diluc would never. hes too busy being emo." you muttered, your shoulders slumping and then immediately straightening once you watched him walk into the room. his hair was tousled and slightly wet, while his shirt was sticking to his body. he immediately reached for a towel while you gulped and then cleared your throat.

speak of the devil and he shall appear..

"uhhh... talk to you later. and remember. BARBECUE. TONIGHT." you clearly stated, hanging up before throwing your phone onto your bed. you then pulled out your books to hastily take some notes, while your roommate continued to dry himself off from afar while seemingly inspecting you and your messy habits.

"how the hell can you read that chicken scratch?" he said, coming up from behind you. his sudden closeness caused you to clench your fist, and stare down at the papers.

"i just can!" you exclaimed, your eyes glued onto whatever the hell you had learned in english before getting thrown out, "didnt you say you had no time for idle talk?" you then countered, being able to hear his hesitation. he huffed, and you couldve sworn you felt him roll his eyes before leaving your personal space bubble. that was a relief. you couldn't stand when anybody stood near you; you just felt weird.. especially around your roommate.

your mind slowly wandered over to the dinner plans that you had. keqing had said that she was going to go ahead and invite other people, but..

your eyes flickered over to the man who stared at a book from across the room, while simultaneously drying his hair.

should you ask him to come?

you pondered on this decision for a moment, and then finally, you decided that it probably wouldn't be a great idea. what if he thought you were more of a weirdo than you already are? what if you did something super embarrassing there? you were simply saving yourself.

"are you friends with that purple haired girl? keqing, i think her name is.." diluc abruptly spoke, breaking your train of thought. you glanced up from your notes and then furrowed your eyebrows.

"uh.. yeah.. why?" you answered, scratching your head before he pulled out his phone.

"i got a text from her. she invited me to dinner tonight."

you couldn't help but let out a horrified gasp before slapping your hand over your mouth. diluc eyed you strangely, and then tucked his phone back into his pants.

slowly, you lowered your hand, and smiled awkwardly.

"w-well, will you be going?"

"i didn't think about going."

"oh.. thank god." you muttered, a little too loudly for his liking. he immediately stood up and walked back over to you.

"why? would it bother you if i attended?"

you widened your eyes.

"no! not at all! it's just that.. i mean you don't like social events.. right? this'll kind of be.. one of those.."