chapter 1

(Your everyday outfit – just an idea, I don't describe it in detail anyway – also I'm not sure who made this so if you know, please tell me)

An older vampire sat in his office, his wine-coloured eyes bored into the servant kneeling before him. His lip pulled back into a nasty snarl as he spoke, voice booming, "Did you say that a human has The Book of Vanitas?"

"Yes, Master. He claims the name 'Vanitas of the Blue Moon' as his own and is currently in the possession of the grimoire." The younger vampire trembled at the anger radiating off of his employer, voice shaking slightly towards the end.

"That boy will only cause trouble, luckily, I came prepared," His scowl turned into a scheming smirk, "Anyone kin to the original Vanitas can wield the grimoire's power."

"You're not suggesting using her, are you?" The boy couldn't believe his ears. To use someone as disloyal and treacherous as her... Surely his master was joking.

"Indeed, I am. She will kill him and retrieve the book of Vanitas, only using it when doing my bidding."

"But-"

"Enough, you're dismissed."

"Master, please, reconsider!" The younger vampire pleaded.

Before either one could add anything else, three vampires walked into the room, the middle one in shackles, restricting her movement.

"It's been a few weeks since I last checked on you, how are you feeling?" In a way that looks as though he wants to harm her: He leaned back and smiled wolfishly at the shackled vampire.

"I don't think you wanted to see me for idle chatter. If you have something to say, out with it already." She glared.

"Such impatience. Tut, tut, tut. But very well, we have located the book of Vanitas." She quirked a brow, wondering what that had to do with her, "I want you to bring it back."

Ah. Now it made sense.

"Where is it?"

"It's being used by a human boy who goes by the name of Vanitas. If he relinquishes the grimoire let him live, if not, kill him."

"Understood." She nodded. It's not as if she agreed with the order, but she had learned the hard way it was best to wait and observe before striking back. And in her world, it was survival of the fittest. If you weren't the one making the rules, the one in power then tough luck, you had to get your hands dirty.

"Y/n, you have yet to gain any trust on my part so those two," He nodded towards the two guards holding her in place, "Will be accompanying you and will only release you when you make contact with the human."

***********

Possibly a half-hour later, the three of them stood on the roof of a building, searching for the target. Amid the crowds, you were able to see someone matching his description, unfortunately, he wasn't alone. Vanitas was with a white-haired man, a light pink-haired woman and a small boy.

Said white-haired man picked Vanitas up and jumped from building to building, quickly followed by the other two.

"They're getting further away, let's move." She told them.

"Quiet. You don't get a say here."

"After all those beatings you still don't know your place? I'm sure Master will take care of that once we return."