chapter 11

(^ The scythe, it materializes whenever you need it)

Y/n had buried Noelle in the girl's favourite place in the forest. Whenever she needed space, Y/n would always find her here.

She hasn't quite accepted Noelle's death yet, but who could blame her? The brunette was so young and so full of hope, so full of dreams she'll never see come true. All this time Y/n spent it fighting for a better future for her sister and now Noelle will never get to see it. Her dreams died with her, right alongside Y/n's.

Y/n hated the Crimson Moon vampires for a long time, but Noelle was the reason the woman had never gone on a killing spree. Taking the girl away from her was a grandiose mistake on their part, nothing was stopping her now.

"Noelle, I swear to you, I will make them pay for everything they have done."

She turned to walk away when she realized the state she was in; covered in blood, dirt, and rubble from the laboratory explosion. Walking around in this would only get her unwanted attention, but she was so far from her hotel room - not that there was anything but a blouse and a cloak. She definitely needed to do some shopping later.

She made her way to the nearest boutique, which was thirty minutes away, and assembled a few clothes she liked.

(Idk who the original artist is, I can't read the signature)

She paid for her outfit and left and sprinted back to the hotel through a maze of alleyways. The stench of blood still wafting in the air and she was hyper-aware of the fact that she was taking in the remains of Noelle's smell.

She took a quick shower, not wanting to stay longer than she had to. Y/n dried her hair and got dressed before draping the cloak over her figure, packing a small bag of her belongings, and leaving, both Noelle's bracelet and the unfinished one tied to her wrist.

Y/n had barely been walking for fifteen minutes before catching a whiff of a very familiar scent. Vanitas. Her once calm heart was now beating rapidly at the thought of him, heat rushed to her face.

"How strange." She muttered. She's never had feelings so intense for another individual, especially such ambiguous and contradictory emotions.

Y/n pinched her arm to snap herself out of the trance and followed the human's scent until he stood on the other side of the street accompanied by Jeanne. She shouldn't be surprised to see them on a date, he did say he loved her after all.

Love? Was that what She was feeling moments ago? If so, the feeling quickly wilted at the sight of them together. No, it was too early to develop such feelings for him. She has to be mistaken because if what she felt really was love, there was no way Vanitas would ever return her feelings.

Suddenly, his blue eyes met her e/c ones from across the street. All Y/n could do was muster up a smile and wave, though she felt her smile falter the longer he stared. She forced herself to walk away the moment she felt tears stinging her eyes.