Chance

My expectations for the second half of season 5 are so low on the ground that I don't even know how I had an inspiration to write this fic for you guys buuuut I did. Really I did it for myself because no matter what I do or how terribly the show messes them up they still will have me in a chokehold until the damn show ends. So anyways here is a fic of what I would love to see happen in 5B that I know won't. Hope you guys enjoy it! XOXO

Archie's POV

"Who are we kidding Veronica?!" I yell looking around as if anyone is here in her penthouse right now to hear us fighting. My body feels on fire. I am looking around and it all hits me, what the hell are we doing? What the hell am I doing? I feel like I am back in High School all over again. She can barely look at me, she's deciding whether she wants to fight back or give up.

"I'm sorry for trying to give us a fighting chance." She snaps back her arms folded.

"A chance? You are still married and slept with your husband after saying you wanted to be with me. How is that giving us a fighting chance?" I snip back to her and her face turns a different shade, when she's angry she reminds me of her father. Which makes my stomach curl.

"Like you kissing my best friend while we were in a committed relationship? Remember that?!" She yells and that one makes me take a step back. "Remember how I forgave you? And her? And just pretended nothing ever happened?! Yeah I do, and I look back and realize how pathetic that truly was. You don't get to throw that in my face Archie." She turns around and puts her hands through her hair.

"Veronica... what are we even fighting for..." I say giving up the fight. Because what were we even fighting for? A feeling we thought we had that we felt in high school? Or was it me searching for something that I wanted from someone else...

"I thought we loved one another." She sits down on the couch, looking tired.

"I think we still do, just not in the way we both need and want." I say sitting next to her. She sighs heavily.

"My marriage is over." She says simply.

"I know." I say.

"I don't think it was ever because of you." She says almost as a realization to herself, even though I knew that all along.

"I know." I say again.

"I still need you in my life Archie, I cannot have you in my life." She says slowly looking towards me waiting for me to reach eye contact with her.

I turn to her and nod slowly. "I need you too." I say giving her a smile.

"I think we need to just be friends, can we agree on that at least?" She says with a nervous laugh.

I laugh with her and take her hand gently in mine and shake it like an agreement. "We can agree on that." I say and she laughs lightly and puts her head on my shoulder.

"So now what?" She says quietly.

"Now.... you divorce Chad, when you are ready. And I need to go home." I say slowly getting up.

"Night Archie." She says not moving from her spot.

"Night Ronnie." I say shutting the door behind me.

Betty's POV

My Mother has been relentless ever since Polly's death. What's worse? Is I am doing this alone. I hear her constant cries throughout the night while the kids are sleeping at the other end of the house in my room so they can't hear what I hear. I wake up in cold sweats every night from nightmares of my sisters dead corpse being found in Sweetwater River, where Jason Blossom's body was found. That's the worst part is me and my Mom have both come to terms with her death but there has been no body. There's no closure, no peace, no funeral... how are we supposed to have a funeral for a girl with no body?