Prom

Why not some Barchie smut? I miss these babies so much and hope season 5 episode one serves with this kind of drama! An idea I had and thought to put it here. Enjoy friends! Stay Safe!! 😘

Betty's  POV

Archie appears on stage. Looking handsome and nervous.

His hair slicked back with a few strands falling in front of his face that must have fallen out of place while he was dancing.

I can't help but admire how attractive he is, he makes my stomach curl.

The way he has looked at me all night makes me feel sick inside.

I want him.

I can't hide that from myself anymore, it's a simple fact.

"You think he's nervous?" Jughead says coming up behind me and puts his arms around my waist.

The sick feeling worsens.

Guilt.

I also feel loads of guilt.

"He will do great, he always does." I say trying to seem normal. Veronica is standing with Cheryl and Toni. She looks over to me, her hair swaying to her side. She looks nervous.

I give her a reassuring smile. She smiles back.

He starts strumming his guitar.

He looks up and I feel his eyes bore into my soul.

I know what he is about to play, and my body goes numb.

There's no warning when everything changes
You let down your guard and I saw something strange

He pauses, and looks up to me. My face feels hot. Jughead doesn't seem to notice anything yet. I can't allow myself to look over to Veronica.

I thought, she's not made for this world
And neither am I
'Cause you make me wanna be
Stronger than I am

Maybe Veronica won't notice, maybe she will think it's for her and it will be fine. These lyrics make sense for their relationship. Maybe this isn't so bad.

My heart is aching, but maybe this won't be so terrible.

Maybe I'm reaching, misplacing a feeling
There's no way to know but to try

So give me tonight
I don't know much
But I know this feels right
So give me tonight
If you carry the torch
I'd follow the light

That's when I felt it. The gut wrenching pain. He finished and Veronica stood there almost lifeless. Everyone else clapped, but she didn't. She knew.

Jughead was oblivious. He's smart but not when it came to this.

Veronica knew something was up with him all night, she kept asking me if he was okay, if I knew something that she didn't. The guilt was building all night and it just hit me like a freight train.

"He did great." Jug whispers in my ear. I refuse to turn to look at him because my eyes are watering. Archie walks off the stage and I see him walk towards Veronica. She slaps him.

Just like that.

In front of everyone. My heart falls to my stomach. I feel numb.

I'm ready for whatever comes next, she will probably come slap me.

I would come slap me if I were her.

Instead she turns right around and walks off. Straight out the doors.