Carry You

Betty's POV

"Do you ever wonder wonder if things were different?" Archie says to me not looking up.

"What do you mean different?" I ask him. He slowly looks up his brown eyes meet mine. My heart races.

"If you and me..." He starts.

"Archie... please don't." I say afraid to hear what he is about to say.

"Betty..." He starts again, sounding hurt.

"I can't do this right now, I have to go." I say getting up from Pop's. I grab my jacket and leave before he can catch up with me. My breathing is heavy and hard. The cold air hits my face and I forget how to breathe. I feel an arm pull me.

"Don't do this Betty. Don't run away from this."  His words hit straight through me.

"What exactly am I running away from?" I say refusing to make eye contact with him.

"Betty you feel it. I know you do. Ever since that kiss we shared last year...."

"The kiss we never talked about? The kiss we both buried and moved on from? Is that what you are referring to?" I say trying to sound as cold and distant as I possibly can. I can't let myself feel for what I felt for Archie Andrews what feels like so long ago now. The pain hurt more than I could bear, there are other people to consider. I can't think of it.

"Betty we both know why we didn't talk about it." He says not giving this up. I slowly look up his eyes soften when they meet mine.

"It wasn't our time yet." He says simply. I feel myself soften. I feel myself wanting to move closer to him.

"Betty, Veronica and I have been over for awhile now... I know that you haven't been happy with Jug for awhile now. I can see it in your eyes when you talk about him."

"So that means you get to swoop in? It's our time now because you are finally ready?" I say snapping back at him.

"Betty don't do that. You have always known I have loved you. You know that." I say.

"No I didn't. Archie I put myself out there and told you how I felt. You are now just doing so. I know we have been closer lately due to the fact our relationships have both dwindled. Does that mean we belong together? I don't know if it does. The old Betty would love to believe so... I can't..." I start and feel my eyes start to water.

"I just need you to give me time to process this." I say, he nods understanding.

"Can I do something first?" He asks I nod slowly.

He walks closer to me slowly. The cold air becomes warm the minute I feel his hands cup my face. I close my eyes taking the moment in. He lightly grazes his lips with mine. I melt into him and he breaks away to quick. Electric. His forehead leaning on mine, "I do love you." He says simply and quietly. My heart beats faster. He slowly backs away.

"Whenever you are ready. I am too." He says simply and walks to his house.

Short and sweet once again! Currently obsessed with the song Carry You by Ruelle Fleurie! Inspired me for this small one shot enjoy!❤️