1.

HUNTER ARMY AIRFIELD,

GEORGIA, U.S.

"Captain Ahmad Abdullah Danbatta!"

"Yes Sir!"

The General handed the letter in his hand over to the soldier in front of him after glancing at it one last time. The soldier dropped his hands to his side and collected the letter from him. "As a result of your success in your recent mission, you're being granted a month off work. You may go to anywhere you want provided you take your teammates with you. Understand?"

"Yes Sir!"

"Dismissed"

The soldier saluted the general one last time before he marched out of the man's office. The minute he stepped out, a couple of soldiers passing by saluted him to which he nodded before he walked out. His strides were confident as he held his head up while his lips were set into a straight line.

He made his way over where the other members of his team were training the new recruits. His lips tilted upwards into a ghost smile which disappeared as soon as it came when his gaze met that of the recruits.

They all stood up straight in attention before they saluted the Captain, "Sir!" they chorused as the first Lieutenant in charge of them ordered them to stop their training.

He saluted back, "Continue" his voice came out low before his gaze moved to his team mates who did what the others did. "Get ready, we're going back to Nigeria"

This made them furrow their brows.

"Why Nigeria?" The one training the recruits groaned, jokingly narrowing his eyes at Zayn. He knew it wasn't a mission, the US hardly get involved in issues regarding Nigeria in such aspects. So, there must be another reason for them to be heading there.

"Because the Captain said so, go pack up Jack" The other one standing beside Jack said, the same one that was on the phone with his wife before they went on the mission he recently succeeded.

Jack narrowed his eyes at his teammate and friend, "Shaheed, I was talking to the Captain and not you"

Shaheed rolled his eyes, not bothering to reply to his friend.

"Seriously though" The last teammate of theirs, one who hardly talk just like the Captain voiced out, making them all look up at him. He moved his eyes away from jack and Shaheed, "Why are we going to Nigeria?" It was no secret that Zayn was a Nigerian before he moved to the US and got a citizenship there. However, one thing that remained a mystery to everyone was why he left Nigeria and never stepped foot in it for 10 whole years.

Zayn was never one to speak about his personal life. He mostly kept to himself and minds his own business except when its work related, they knew that about him.

"I have an unfinished work there" He replied simply, "Go and pack up, we leave in three days"

~*~

Abuja, Nigeria.

The flight from America to Nigeria landed at exactly 4:19pm. However, the commuters didn't finish everything required of them till minutes afterwards.

The team of four walked out, each dragging their suitcase along with them. On cue, with no words exchanged, all of them went their separate ways once they passed the security as agreed. Each has a plan on what to spend their one month in Nigeria doing, so they agreed to meet only when extremely important.

Zayn made his way over to the crowd of people that stood a couple of feet away from him, some holding placards with names of the person they're waiting for scribbled on it. He walked past them, eyes moving amongst the crowd as he looked for the one person that knew about his return back to Nigeria.