7.

After leaving yall hanging for a year, you deserve updates up and down🌚

Sabrina shook her head, sitting on a couch in the living room of her house. Sighing, she massaged her temples, "I just don't get it Hanif. Dad loves Zayn more than all of us, despite all the circumstances, so why is he so adamant on keeping Zayn away?"

Hanif who sat beside her shrugged. "You know your father, he does everything for a reason"

"Exactly!" She exclaimed, "Is it because he doesn't want Zayn to find out the truth? It wouldn't make any difference considering the situation we're in"

Hanif nodded. "Yes but..." He sighed lowly, "Do you really think it won't make a difference? It'll change Zayn's perspective on all of you. You all know that"

Sabrina placed her arms on her thighs, then buried her face between her palms as she exhaled. "He's already drifted away from us and we're his family" Her voice came out low.

"Can you blame him?" Hanif asked, making her lift her head up to look at him. "Consider the circumstances you're all in now and think of him, not just yourself. For once Sabrina, think of him as your brother"

"That's why I'm doing this Hanif" She felt offended. How can he ask her to think as Zayn's sister? Wasn't she already acting as his sister. "I am thinking from his sister's perspective. I am thinking as his sister"

"Are you really?"

"Of course!"

Hanif shrugged. He knows his wife; she is too caught up in her beliefs that she wouldn't agree with anything he'll say. But, it won't change the fact that despite everything she's saying, whatever she's doing to Zayn is for her sake and that of her family's. She's that kind of person. "Don't be in denial for long Sabrina. Zayn's wouldn't consider you all as family anymore if he finds out the truth. For him to attend the family dinner after everything that happened meant a part of him, even though it's a small part, still considers you all as family. Trust me, it'll be better to let him know yourself before he finds out on his own, he'll drift father away from you and nothing can mend that relationship"

Sabrina blinked, fighting back the tears that want to well up in her eyes. "I just don't want to lose another sibling Hanif, can't you see that?"

Hanif rose a single brow. "Another sibling? Aren't you happy that Kulsum is gone? You got everything she ever had, right?" His voice came out cold. Speaking of his wife's late sister has always been a sore topic for him, especially since he knowsthat Sabrina hasn't regretted anything.

She claims to regret it but her actions prove otherwise.

Then again, old habits do die hard.

Sabrina swallowed thickly, eyes narrowed at her husband. Gritting her teeth, she spoke. "You know that's not what I mean"

"Whatever it is you mean; it won't change the outcome of how Zayn will react. The earlier you accept that, the better it is for everyone"

Sabrina clenched her fists, eyes still narrowed in slits at her husband. She parted her lips to reply, only for soft footsteps to put a halt to their exchange. It made them both look up, their gaze falling on their eldest child.

"Ammi, Abbi, are you okay?" The little boy asked, gazing moving from his mother to his father.

Sabrina's scowl immediately turned into a smile. She opened her arms for the boy to come towards her, "We're fine, don't worry" She wrapped her arms around the boy, hugging him tight, her hand patting the back of his head lightly.